DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Laptop For editing Video and Pics

Tyler Draper

Reactions
Anyone have any advice on which laptop would be ideal for editing purposes? I'm currently using a work computer that I dont have access to add new programs. So ill need something else. I've been using the Snap Seed app for my pics now but I have not be able to edit and videos. Let me know what you guys are using and why. My price point in up to $1K.

T

$1,000 won't get you much in terms of a "beefy" laptop, but it will get you a powerful desktop system.

Ideal and $1000 is gonna be kinda hard to match up, really. I paid $2600 for mine and it is able to preview in real time at Full. However, I bought it for editing video.

Key points to look for, however:
1. As much RAM as you can shove in. With many laptops anymore, you cannot upgrade after purchase, so get the max.
2. Best video card you can get. And not just the on-board one, but the secondary card as well (like an NVidia)
3. 256GB SSD as a main boot drive is good, but make sure to get a separate storage drive, and one fast enough to be a scratch disk.

I saved up a lot longer for the right laptop. took a few extra months, but worth it. Render times will drive you nuts on a slow machine.
  • 17.3 inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IGZO IPS Anti-Glare 400-nits Display
  • NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 980M with 8GB GDDR5
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)
  • 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133Mhz (16GBx2)
  • 256GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Reactions: jerryflah
Just like the other members on here stated, you will get more bang for the buck using that money to build a desktop instead.

my only recommendation is:
- at least an i7 processor (I run a 4770k)
- 16gb ram minimum (corsair vengeance)
- at least a 2gb or 4gb (even better) gpu ( 980ti, 760ti or even 660ti will work)
- SSD so that processing and overall working speeds are faster ( I run 500gb samsung ssd, 1tb wd caviar green for storage )

Most of the equipment listed above by other members is very good and you will have no issues with most if not all video editing programs. I use Adobe Premiere CC with no issues.

Reactions: And18vzqz
Looks like I've got some research and thinkin to do. Thanks for the input it really helps steer me in the right direction

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes