DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best method for posting to social media

Squamer

Reactions
I searched but could not find too much. For those who are heavily involved with sites like Facebook, Instagram etc. What is the best method for getting the video quality to where it is not destroyed. Majority of what I do is posting videos to Instagram and I find no matter what resolution I do it in it always end up looking like garbage on Instagram or Facebook.

For Facebook, I have come to the realization that I must upload to Youtube, or a similar site and then post the link. For Instagram that really isn't an option. Thoughts, tips.

A little Google search should find you sites that explain optimal settings and processes for each of the social media outlets.

IG is absolutely not meant for high quality content, you'll never get anything impressive there. Since it's phone-only it keeps the BW very low to save data.

Reactions: Squamer
You can setup a streaming session of your flight video directly to Facebook for others to view. That is if you have a device that you are using that has a cellular connection and you are connected to a cell tower with decent reception.

It saves the video on the Facebook site for viewers to view at a later date if they are not connected to your Facebook page at the time you are flying and capturing video in real time.

Is it the BEST method with the BEST quality - certainly not , but it is adequate and a direct way to get video onto the Facebook site.

I don't use Facebook or Instagram. However, can't these sites embed YouTube or Vimeo videos? Vimeo seems to do the least post-processing, but ends up with a pretty heavy data hit for people viewing your video. YouTube does a lot more post-processing to reduce bandwidth while keeping the quality pretty good (especially if you tell it not to "fix" your "shaky" videos).

You can embed Youtube Videos within ones Facebook page

Navigate to the YouTube video that you want to embed in your Facebook page. 2. Click the "Share" button under the video, then highlight the URL displayed there and press "Ctrl-C" to copy it to the clipboard. ... Wait for Facebook to display a thumbnail and a description of the video.

However it not a direct process as one has to pull the video from the SD card for best quality and then edit (if you care to) and upload to YouTube's website and wait for processing. Then follow the above steps to have the YouTube video embedded within ones Facebook page.

Its more steps , but will more likely yield better results for the viewer(s)

Reactions: halley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada