DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best micro sd card for Mavic pro

Xblog

Reactions
Hi,
For your opinion, what is the best micro sd card which works well (no record problem) with Mavic Pro ?
Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Toph
For that matter, what's the largest capacity the drone supports. Most devices only support up to 32GB. Haven't tested the drone however.

64GB is the max officially supported size. Although plenty of people have successfully used 128+. I use a 32 GB Sandisk Extreme Plus 633x. The Lexar 633x card is a good choice too. That's the stock card. 16 GB I feel is too small for more than 1 battery. If you have 2 or 3 batts. I would have a 32 GB ready for it.

I have SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA) card works flawlessly. I always take the card out of the drone to transfer the files to the computer. The card is very fast read and write so transfer time super fast.

Reactions: ksull72487
I have SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA) card works flawlessly. I always take the card out of the drone to transfer the files to the computer. The card is very fast read and write so transfer time super fast.

Yeah I have a feeling that's going to be one of the better choices. The SanDisk Extreme Plus. I also prefer that card. The read and wrote speed won't benefit the drone as it's capped. But it's night and day when transferring files from the card to the computer. Also SanDisk has some robust cards, trustworthy in my opinion.

64GB is plenty. That's a ton of space even for 4k.
32GB also plenty.

The size is really going to depend on whether you want to leave video content on it or not.

The 32GB 3 batteries easy at 4K, more than likely more. Depends on how long you film etc.

Personally 32GB or more. The 16GB will have you switching the card a little to frequently with a few batts.

Last edited:
Ok i have this MicroSDHC SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 Go Classe 10 U3 - it sounds good ?

Ok i have this MicroSDHC SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 Go Classe 10 U3 - it sounds good ?

The Extreme Pro or Extreme Plus. Don't spend too much lol. The difference won't be worth it. Also read my above post. The 32GB is plenty. But you have to be the judge of that.

Yeah I saw that before. That's a good list. If your going for the SanDisk although the Plus is a better bet. The Pro jumps the cost for a minor difference that the Mavic can't benefit from. The transfer speeds are on the plus and yeah from card to computer much faster. So that's all you need in my opinion. Pro is too pricey. If you can get a deal then why not nothing wrong with having a better card. I repurpose mine a lot for other things. But like I said the Pro and Plus differences in my opinion not worth the Pro. I think the plus is totally worth it cuz the Read and Write is much better than the regular Extreme. The regular Extreme is close to what the stock Lexar is.

And I did the test last night. First flight with that SanDisk Extreme Plus. Got my files off that card and on my computer in half the time. The stock Lexar took longer. That's really going to be your main benefit. But it's one worth having as SD cards can slow down over use etc.

In short either way that list has my approval. You can't go wrong with anything on it. Just look at the stock transfer speed for the stock Lexar 633x. You want better as you can get better with out spending much more.

Last edited:
i just received my mavic pro a couple of weeks ago. this is a newly found hobby for me. i was doing a little research into buying a micro sd card. i am not sure if it is correct to call out pricing----i know some forums do not like to "talk" pricing. anyway, looking at sandisk cards on different sites and why am i seeing such a huge swing in pricing on the same exact card(s)? i actually found a $100 difference on a sandisk card.

What's the specs on the OEM card that came with the Mavic Lexar 633x 16 gb? seems confusing to find details

i just received my mavic pro a couple of weeks ago. this is a newly found hobby for me. i was doing a little research into buying a micro sd card. i am not sure if it is correct to call out pricing----i know some forums do not like to "talk" pricing. anyway, looking at sandisk cards on different sites and why am i seeing such a huge swing in pricing on the same exact card(s)? i actually found a $100 difference on a sandisk card.

some of them are mislabeled, if the site you're looking on doesn't show write speeds I wouldn't even bother. and don't trust the whole "2x write speeds" that doesn't say much either. I personally use these ones

Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-032G-GN6MA) [Newest Version]: Computers & Accessories

haven't found a better bang for buck...

Hi,
For your opinion, what is the best micro sd card which works well (no record problem) with Mavic Pro ?
Thank you !

I am using a 64 GB Lexar from Amazon, No issues. I also make it a habit to format the card to delete off old video, instead of relying on a computer to do what the Mavic expects.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS