DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best phone/tablets what work with Mavic?

I got the Oneplus 3T. It's not on any approved list but after trying everything like iPhone 6s, Ipad mini, Galaxy note 4 and note 5 and the Galaxy s7. I can personally say that nothing works as good as the Oneplus so far. Flawless connection. No picture issues. With 6gb of ram and 128gb of hard drive this thing is a beast and I expected it to perform as such.

Reactions: Goose48
I purchased a Lenovo Tab3 7", and it works great !
It aut. Start up the App.
Only had to cut/trim the rubber section in the two arms.

If you bye a tablet, be adware of the position of the usb connector. I have a small issue to that as it prevent be from holding my right hand correct due to joystick.

Br. Jorgensen Denmark

Attachments

• WP_20170311_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170311_18_45_39_Pro.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 79
Only the cellular model has an internal GPS receiver. That'll allow you to use the Follow Me feature and/or reset the home point to your current location after taking off. If you don't need to use either of those features, then the Wi-Fi only model would be an okay choice for you.
Thanks your your answer, for the gps to work in the cellular model, do I need to have a sim card installed.

I am using Galaxy S7 edge, and samsung tab S2. The picture quality is amazing. Flew yesterday in bright snowy conditions, just stood in the shade of a tree. outstanding.
I've got the 9.7" S2...wondering what you would do to mount that with the remote controller? Also have the S7 Edge and will likely start with that first.

I started with my iPhone 6 then went to iPad Air. Built a arm made from electrical conduit and attached it to a camp chair, even has a cup holder.

I've got the 9.7" S2...wondering what you would do to mount that with the remote controller? Also have the S7 Edge and will likely start with that first.
TOOOOO big to fit the controller. I don't like the idea of the mounts that place the tablet on top of the controller, it will block the antennas. Just my thought. Shop for a used 8" Tab S2, best advice I have, LOVE the 8" in the controller wings. Works perfect, only thing I don't like you can not turn the tablet on and off with it fitted into the wings, so you have to leave it loose until you get everything turned on.

Reactions: grizzard
TOOOOO big to fit the controller. I don't like the idea of the mounts that place the tablet on top of the controller, it will block the antennas. Just my thought. Shop for a used 8" Tab S2, best advice I have, LOVE the 8" in the controller wings. Works perfect, only thing I don't like you can not turn the tablet on and off with it fitted into the wings, so you have to leave it loose until you get everything turned on.

The iPad Mini 4 is perfect with no adapter needed and the app doesn't crash.

Unfortunately YES, but you should start the bird battery first then the RC anyway, so one more step, turn the S2 on last after the bird and RC have connected. DJI will fix it with the next update, I'm sure.

Reactions: N7VDR
Unfortunately YES, but you should start the bird battery first then the RC anyway, so one more step, turn the S2 on last after the bird and RC have connected. DJI will fix it with the next update, I'm sure.

Have you tried it on another android device with the same results?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser