DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best practices for YouTube

AtomDrone

Reactions
I just got my Mavic and spent the weekend flying. Very impressed with the drone but was frustrated and disappointed with the results when I tried to share the videos. The 4K video on my computer looks great! When I tried uploading to Facebook it lowered the resolution to 720P. Tried Youtube next and it looks like 1080P is the max. Lots of compression artifacts. I've seen plenty of videos on Youtube that look clear and beautiful. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions for workflow and settings. Thanks!!

How soon after you uploaded did you watch the Youtube video? When you upload to the Youtube, the higher res videos take a bit of time to become available, long after the video itself is playable.

I uploaded them yesterday. They were recorded in 4K but the highest resolution on my uploaded video is 1080P with lots of compression artifacts.

The file you are uploading can't be 4K then, youtube were early adopters of 4K.
Can you link to an example?
You do sometimes get an extraordinarily persistent caching effect if you view it before the higher resolutions have processed.

Rendering correctly for youtube after any edit is a minefield of things you can do wrong.
The original file ought to look OK but is awful big to upload unless on a mega fast connection.

What were your export/render settings from your editor (which editor)?
When you rendered, did you use a VBR (Variable bit rate) or CBR (Constant bit rate)? If possible, always use a CBR at least 35, if not 50 mbps.
MP4 wrapper seems to work best for shoving to YouTube.
You wont see full res video for a while (I have seen it take over an hour sometimes) after you publish it to YouTube.
You WILL get compression on YouTube - always. Depending on your render settings, it will or will not be as noticeable.

Link a video or two. Until then, we're just guessing.

for 1 minute and 20 sec 4k video, it took 4 hours after the upload before I can watch it in 4k..:eek:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada