DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEST SCREEN FOR CONTROLLER

LDS

Reactions
Hello. Just bought a DJI Mavic Pro and have a screen Q. Rang customer tech support and they weren’t very helpful. I only have an iPhone 5 so not compatible :( I am trying to figure out the best value way to get a good screen for the controller. I want FULL functionality of the drone - like ‘follow me’, max flying heights - the whole lot. I would be keen to use a tablet but I am concerned a tablet will limit drone functionality and that you need a phone for that?? I do have a mobile WIFI (mifi) router that I use for using my laptop in remote places and it uses 4g cell phone data to generate wifi. So could i use this in conjunction with a tablet or do I need to upgrade my phone? I would likely get a 2nd hand iphone 6 as don’t want to spend more on an iphone 7. I am so confused! Basically I just want to use the drone to its max a capacity and just need a screen for the controller as my current phone is not good enough…. Any help much appreciated!

Hello. Just bought a DJI Mavic Pro and have a screen Q. Rang customer tech support and they weren’t very helpful. I only have an iPhone 5 so not compatible :( I am trying to figure out the best value way to get a good screen for the controller. I want FULL functionality of the drone - like ‘follow me’, max flying heights - the whole lot. I would be keen to use a tablet but I am concerned a tablet will limit drone functionality and that you need a phone for that?? I do have a mobile WIFI (mifi) router that I use for using my laptop in remote places and it uses 4g cell phone data to generate wifi. So could i use this in conjunction with a tablet or do I need to upgrade my phone? I would likely get a 2nd hand iphone 6 as don’t want to spend more on an iphone 7. I am so confused! Basically I just want to use the drone to its max a capacity and just need a screen for the controller as my current phone is not good enough…. Any help much appreciated!
DJI will be making the CrystalSky available for purchase soon which are monitors that are bright enough to be seen in the brightest sunlight.

DJI CrystalSky

If your on a budget pickup an iPhone 6 Plus on ebay that is unlocked. Do not buy from the mega sellers, look for an individual that is selling their personal phone for a reasonable price. I got my iPhone 6 Plus 64gb in practically brand new condition for $350. You can probably get one now for $250.

I also wanted a bigger screen and a dedicated phone. I purchased a Leagoo M8 Phablet (Chinese android phone) from Gearbest and got it to work to my satisfaction. I've past the point of testing and now fly with it exclusively and mostly over water. There are some adjustments to be made but the large screen and long battery life are great. I removed everything on it accept the DJI Go4App as it is just for the Mavic Pro and used as a smartphone.
Nice 5.8" Large Screen Android Phone for Mavic Pro - Just $74 - Works
LEAGOO M8 3G Phablet -$69.99 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

I use a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. Works great has GPS and an micro SD card slot. They're about 200.00

So you folks with the non-phones - any issue connecting with DJI Go?
DJI Go didn't like my Samsung tablet with wi-fi because it couldn't connect in the field.
How do y'all get around that?

So you folks with the non-phones - any issue connecting with DJI Go?
DJI Go didn't like my Samsung tablet with wi-fi because it couldn't connect in the field.
How do y'all get around that?

When you say connect what do you mean? The tablet connecting to the internet? Or the tablet connecting to the Controller?

When you say connect what do you mean? The tablet connecting to the internet? Or the tablet connecting to the Controller?
I wrote about my experience in another thread.
DJI app wants to "update NFZ" but can't because the tablet is wifi and no wifi connection to internet.
You cancel and the app *looks* ok but it says the aircraft is disconnected in spite of the remote saying all systems go.
So you tell me - tablet not talking to remote, app playing dead because no connection.
This is using the bottom USB connection with the side unplugged.
The tablet knows it's connected because it says USB device connected. Should it be connected as a media device or as a camera?

No issues with the iPad mini 2 when airplane mode is on. I only updated the NFZ once on wifi when the latest update came out. Since then, I let wifi connect just to cache the maps and then before I fly I turn airplane mode on and use no internet. No issues on my end.

Reactions: WEOTN and Rbruz
I'm looking at an iPad Mini 4. Craigslist so I'm treading carefully :/
Anyone use this model?
Still confused why Samsung tablet acted so strange...

I'm looking at an iPad Mini 4. Craigslist so I'm treading carefully :/
Anyone use this model?
Still confused why Samsung tablet acted so strange...

Not sure the 4 fits in the controller, 2 just barely as in must force it in several times until it lossens up a tad, anyone use a 4 with the controller built in arms ?

Not sure the 4 fits in the controller, 2 just barely as in must force it in several times until it lossens up a tad, anyone use a 4 with the controller built in arms ?

Yes, just bought an iPad mini 4 this weekend, it fits perfectly into the arms of the controller.

Reactions: Rbruz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair