DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best settings for a Beginner?

Rubel

Reactions
Hi All,
Just received my Mavic Pro. It's a lovely drone. I've never owned a drone before and this is my first one so was wondering if anyone can give tips on what settings to use to get the best video from up in the sky?

Hi all, new to this forum and new to drones.
Wondering if there is anyone out there who would like to share their expertise with a beginner on a one to one basis. I'm a retired guy that needed a hobby so I bought a Mavic Pro. Never owned a drone, never used a remote control, played video games, used joy sticks or anything else that would be helpful. I'm all set up with my Mavic and a new I-pad mini 4. I've been able to fly and take really bad videos, but have a ton of basic questions, some of them stupid.
Anyone up for a challenge?
KAM

Hi All,
Just received my Mavic Pro. It's a lovely drone. I've never owned a drone before and this is my first one so was wondering if anyone can give tips on what settings to use to get the best video from up in the sky?
welcome on board :)
since I come from your same experience (zero ahaha)
I highly suggest you to start in beginner mode.. stick to it for 3-4 days.. try to get comfortable with the remote control.. and stay in a very open area.
also never ever try to start your mavic nearby metal/magnetic things..!
about the video, well first focus on how to master the drone, later you focus on the video aspect :) it's a great drone, also for me is first experience and I already love it!

About as far away from you as you can get and still be in the USA
I am in Atlanta

If you click on my usernames you can message me (not sure if you knew).

Be prepared to spend an afternoon watching videos. Go over to YouTube and look for a guy who runs "Tom's tech time" Also videos by Billy Kyle. These guys put great videos together for beginners and expert's .....I've never had a question they couldn't answer just by doing a YouTube search.

This hobby has layers like an onion, it's very important you understand many disciplines :navigation, software and tech..... to get an idea of what happens when you fly. Therefore asking a simple single question sometimes can bring on more problems than not knowing. Start at the beginning and take it slow. Find a field, put it in beginner mode, and fly many, many times.

Welcome pilots!Thumbswayup
1st thing 1st.....take it for a spin in an open area in beginners mode until you get the hang of the controls and all the things on the screen. Make sure before you power up for the 1st time, remove the clamp on the camera and for safety to your camera re install the bubble. In beginners mode before you take off wait until good GPS is acquired and check the map, make sure the map shows exactly where you are (not China...LOL).

the manual does not come in the box

My box did contain a printed manual (edit: -ish thing that turns out to be the Quick Start Guide).

However, it's fairly tiny and hard to read compared to a pdf on a nice backlit screen.

You can also access the manual in the DJI Go app.

Unfortunately, there isn't any useful information about settings in the manual.

Last edited:
I guess you're referring to the Quick Start Guide?

After looking at it under magnification, it turns out that I am referring to the QSG instead of the full manual!

I'm literally unable to read it in any event, which is why I couldn't even tell what it was.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada