DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Sunshade for ipad 4 mini / s7 edge? ipad mini 4 adapter or direct fit?

theskyisthelimit99

Reactions
So i decided to bit the bullet and go for the ipad 4 mini (16gb with 11gb usable space i think) for 95% of my flying, rather than using my s7 edge android phone, given the android dji go 4 issues, which i finally experienced yesterday when the app just vanished as i was about to land.. I figure i'll either wifi hotspot with my s7 if i need data (i shouldnt given the ipad 4 mini is the cellular one with gps, though i wont activate cellular on it).. though i think ill either need cached google maps (how large is the cache?) or do the hotspot to get the maps on the fly and not consume the space. At times i'll also be using the dji goggles.

I've seen threads on here of people just cramming the ipad 4 right into the holder and it working ok.. but what about the adapters i've seen for the ipad mini 4 on amazon..any of those more worthy than just a cram session?

And depending on that.. i guess i'm trying to figure out which sunshade fits best and works best.. is there one i can use for both the s7 edge and the ipad 4, or do i need one of each depending on what device i end up using?

I saw this skyreat adapter, but it looks like it would block the controller screen ? $29

Of the sunshades.. i was leaning towards getting this one for just cramming it in.. i would think a different shade is needed if using the adapter or maybe not?
**edit.. like the uav blue sunshade, which is think is Only if using an adapter? $24

Hooshion $17.59 ipad shade 7.9"

Any thoughts/experiences / suggestions?

Thanks in advance

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom