DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best tablet/device to dedicate to mavic

Wolfman Jonathan

Reactions
hi all,

On my way to fly this morning my phone rang and I ended up talking for an hour. That drain my battery to 50%. Then my phone rang while I was flying. Then I put it into airplane mode and it died in about 20 minutes.

All this to say that I think I have decided that I'm going to let my phone via phone and get a dedicated device for my Mavic. Hopefully this will mean more flight time and quicker set up. So here's my question:

Can anybody recommend the perfect device as a dedicated Mavic screen? I did buy a Litchi for my iPhone so if it's an android which it probably is I will have to buy it again. That makes me sad.

I guess I am looking for the best performance for the price. Something as big as possible that still fits. Something of battery last a good long time.

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but I wasn't able to find my exact question. Thank you in advance. Happy flying.

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
hi all,

On my way to fly this morning my phone rang and I ended up talking for an hour. That drain my battery to 50%. Then my phone rang while I was flying. Then I put it into airplane mode and it died in about 20 minutes.

All this to say that I think I have decided that I'm going to let my phone via phone and get a dedicated device for my Mavic. Hopefully this will mean more flight time and quicker set up. So here's my question:

Can anybody recommend the perfect device as a dedicated Mavic screen? I did buy a Litchi for my iPhone so if it's an android which it probably is I will have to buy it again. That makes me sad.

I guess I am looking for the best performance for the price. Something as big as possible that still fits. Something of battery last a good long time.

I'm sure this has been discussed many times but I wasn't able to find my exact question. Thank you in advance. Happy flying.
I bought an ipod Touch 6th Generation as a dedicated device for my Mavic.

There are many devices that work well with DJI GO. I keep a list of them here.

I think so too, tried my Axon 7 but Dji 4 app won't render properly. FYI, the Mavic comes with a USB C cable inside the box so you can try other USB C devices and phones

Sent from [emoji211]

hi all,

Just get an iPad mini 4 and use your litchi app on it, it works great and fits in the controller (just barely)

Just get an iPad mini 4 and use your litchi app on it, it works great and fits in the controller (just barely)

Or doesn't if you have one of the slightly revised controllers, 3 members have noted iPad mini 4 doesn't fit... me being one so buy it somewhere you can return if that is the case...

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: LMTLESS
Not to hate on regular android use but I found using ios far less buggy than using android since DJI go first came out. I ended up moving from a top of the line Samsung tablet to an iPad because of it. The android was definitely better when I was doing stuff on non-rtf drones though.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wifi only version is just fine so I have read. A lot of the places I fly doesn't even have cell signal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is there any need to have data, or would just a wifi version suffice??
I asked the same question earlier today, and this was the response.

While none of these things are a deal-breaker for most people, here is what you'll lose by using a Wi-Fi only device:
  • You cannot use Follow Me mode
  • You cannot reset the home point to your current location after taking off
  • If you want to see the maps in DJI GO, you'll need to cache them before flying

Reactions: Gumby and Just
Vin is spot on and the same thing I didn't want to lose when going away fromy phone and not wanting to get a cellular tablet. Hotspotting the phone works great and saves on extra lines.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

The primary value of having cellular connectivity is access to maps. Does anyone know if you can preload maps in the Go app?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I am stoked to have this figured out. I will always have my iPhone with me, but I want the iPad mini 4 for the bigger screen, so I will hotspot and be very content.

Thanks Everybody. Now I just need to figure out how to modify the new controller with a Dremel to get back the 3 mm after they changed it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada