DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best tablet/device to dedicate to mavic

Hi guys, I know I'm a little late to post in this thread but I just joined.
I made a video on my experience using an iPad Mini 4 with the Mavic:
Works great for me, especially with the sun shade for the remote.

Reactions: kuyawil
Hi guys, I know I'm a little late to post in this thread but I just joined.
I made a video on my experience using an iPad Mini 4 with the Mavic:
Works great for me, especially with the sun shade for the remote.

Yep, I saw this when you posted it (I like your YT channel I must say) and I was pretty close to buy me an iPad after your video.
But I went for the (much cheaper) Nvidia Shield K1 at the end.
I'll see if it works great when I'll receive it now...

I bought an ipad air 2 for my phantom 3 and am debating getting the mavmount or selling it and buying an ipad mini 4. I was originally going to get a shield k1 but since people are saying it wont fit that is out. The main thing holding me back from the mavmount is its kind of large and the whole point to buying the mavic in the first place was to fit it in my small motorocycle bag.

I bought an ipad air 2 for my phantom 3 and am debating getting the mavmount or selling it and buying an ipad mini 4. I was originally going to get a shield k1 but since people are saying it wont fit that is out. The main thing holding me back from the mavmount is its kind of large and the whole point to buying the mavic in the first place was to fit it in my small motorocycle bag.

I use an iPad air2 with the mavmount and it works great. Very comfortable in hand and the large screen makes flying and filming easy. Using go4 and no issues, interface is great and not one connection issue. I also have not experienced any wobble as others have stated using the mavmount. Rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi mav pilots, I received my mavic a few days ago but I put of first flight until I have everything set up right including filling my head with all the things I should know. This morning I splashed out on a new ipad mini 2 as my eyes are a little old for the Samsung S5. First flight was awesome apart from the nerves kicking in. The best part was that after installing go4 and starting it up I noticed there was no map. Here maps or google not installed in ipad. I installed google maps. Here maps are no good in OZ. I am totally wrapped that I don't have to do some hack to get google to work,,,, it just works straight up.

Wow,
This is a depressing thread. I have ordered a Mavic, and am thinking about canceling the order.
It seems like the DJI house are all Apple fan boys, and those of us not in love with the rapacious fruit company are basically out of luck. So in addition to the cost of the Mavic, I would have to spend almost $300.00 additional to purchase a Ipad that would only be used to fly it. Even though I have a Nexus 6p, and various Android devices already.
I was looking at possibly getting the Nvida Shield, but that doesn't seem to completely work either as the DJI support for Android devices does not even work on the devices that they claim to work on according to what I am reading in these forums.

Any thoughts?
Guy
:-(

My nvidia shield K1 which I use for FPV works perfectly fine! I've not had any issues at all even though it's not on the DJI list! I'm sure other Nvidia owners can confirm this!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

No -- that's ActiveTrack. Follow Me tracks the GPS location of your mobile device.

One note worth mentioning is the forward camera sensors are sensors for obstacle avoidance they are not used for tracking etc... the camera on the gimbal is used for tracking etc...

I just want to verify something. If you buy the iPad Mini 4 cell model and don't activate the cell, the GPS should still work just fine? I'm not really interested in paying extra for data on the tablet, just want full capabilities.

I know it's tempting, but I wouldn't touch anything like that with a barge pole, it would just be whole world of pain in the long run. In fact I'd go as far to say that wouldn't veer far from DJI's recommended devices list Apart from a couple i.e. Shield K1 etc) . DJI Go in particular is notoriously picky about what it runs on.

Someone tried this model? I read somewhere on the forums...or internet
Aside from it's borderline specs that Tab doesn't have GPS capability. That means if you move from the home point the quad can't update your position.

I think right now the iPad mini4 is the pad to use, if only because iOS software seems to be more stable. But I'm looking forward to a iPhone 8Plus Later this year which should fit the controller even a little bit better, with gps, dynamite computing display power and a beautiful screen.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters