DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black screen/ no transmission signal

JordyWoods

Reactions
hi,

bought a mavic last week from apple and took it out yesterday to fly. I had trouble connecting to the go4 app but eventually got there (the activation kept failing). Got it flying but the video stream to my phone (iPhone 7 plus) was half cut off. So today i took the drone back to apple and they were happy to exchange it, which I was really happy about.

Got back home and I had the same problems! Tried updating via the assistant 2 software and thought the dji go 4 app, the updates were successful. Actually managed to get a decent flight in but as I was playing about with the controls I pushed the c2 button and the video transmission cut out (the drone was about 800m away but I had clear line of sight) so I pushed the RTH and thankfully it flew back home. I then tried using my dads iphone 6 and it seemed to work ok, but only flew for 3 or 4 mins as it was dark out. Ive attached an image of what it looks like on my phone.

I've owned the phantom 1 and phantom 3 advanced and never had any problems. But having 2 mavics not work properly I'm beginning to think its user error.

Ive tried restarting everything and reinstalling the dji go 4 app multiple times without success.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.PNG
    IMG_1883.PNG
    589.4 KB · Views: 98
First steps (try each individually):

1. Try formatting the SD card through the app.
2. Try a different SD card.
3. Check to see if when it's black on your phone, if the drone is recording to the SD card (fly, wait for black, hit the left shoulder button to start and stop recording, then play file from memory card).

First steps (try each individually):

1. Try formatting the SD card through the app.
2. Try a different SD card.
3. Check to see if when it's black on your phone, if the drone is recording to the SD card (fly, wait for black, hit the left shoulder button to start and stop recording, then play file from memory card).

Thanks for the reply Flawless. Tried all of the above, the drone still records with the black screen, that makes me think it's a problem with my phone? I tried cleaning the lightening port on my phone, got the video feed working again but didn't fly the drone just left it for 10 mins and there were no drops or loss of transmission signal. Still seems very strange to me. Also very concerning as no one wants to lose video signal especially when filming or the bird is considerable distance away.

Weather permitting I'll take her for a spin tomorrow and see how we get on. Thanks agin

Same thing happens to me. I just got my mavic to. Kinda frustrated. The video works then cuts out and can't see anything

Same thing happens to me. I just got my mavic to. Kinda frustrated. The video works then cuts out and can't see anything

I get this occasionally, restart everything and it goes away. Love to know what it is......

iPhone 6s+.

You still have RC connection to the Mavic if not Video feed, so as long as you have LOS you can control easily.
Otherwise try changing to the USB connector under the RC and disconnect the side one completely that way you can verify if the small side connector is ok.
Make sure that you are in Airport mode on phone.

You still have RC connection to the Mavic if not Video feed, so as long as you have LOS you can control easily.
Otherwise try changing to the USB connector under the RC and disconnect the side one completely that way you can verify if the small side connector is ok.
Make sure that you are in Airport mode on phone.

Why do you have to be in airplane mode on your phone? Surely that stops you being able to see the map of where the drone is?

If in airplane mode it stops the phone ringing and getting outside messages which can at times interfere with your connection. Also distracting when flying.
Everything works fine in this mode. You don't need Cellular service on the phone that's why a lot of people use IPads with a built in GPS, your phone has this as well.

All! I have the same problem. I took my drone out for the 3rd time yesterday!

Problem1: I was not able to connect the drone through my app. I get "Disconnected" message constantly. Does anyone have a solution?

Problem2: Same as above, I get the "Transmission signal lost or failed and it will ask me if I want to enable return to home. Can somebody please help? I am a newbie here and would like to learn more.

I was having problems disconnected drifted hit a tree. Would not hurt to try ,can always go back.

It happened to me this morning. It was my second time flying my MP and first time flying at an altitude of around 200ft then after about 10mins into flight my ipad mini 2 got disconnected. I tried not to panic and just did RTH. How can I gain more confidence if this happens on my second flight lol.

All! I have the same problem. I took my drone out for the 3rd time yesterday!

Problem1: I was not able to connect the drone through my app. I get "Disconnected" message constantly. Does anyone have a solution?

Problem2: Same as above, I get the "Transmission signal lost or failed and it will ask me if I want to enable return to home. Can somebody please help? I am a newbie here and would like to learn more.

Have you tried with the usb port in the middle of the controller? Ive been using that for the past week and no problems. I know its annoying not bring able to use the handy micro usb port o the side, but I don't want to send my controller to dji and have to wait weeks for them to investigate

So I tried my Mavic this weekend with the usb. I took it up 2 times for about 5 min. That seemed to fix it.

I have the same problem too.
Usually happens if I was updating or changing settings at home where I have turned my drone on but not flying for about 3-5mins. It somehow lost the video signals and the only way to fix it is to restart the drone.

But recently I have lost video signal mid flight , and I was forced to restart the app and manage to get the video feed again. But this is really annoying and dangerous especially when you cannot exactly see what's going on.
I hope DJI can patch this. It seems to be a common bug / problem.

same here

In the middle of a flight a black video screen and no way to get it back. I'll had to use the RTH, completly disconect everything and connect again. Than it works again.

Had used the mini usb whith the newest firmware and an iphone 6s. With the old firmware it did not happened.

anybody with a solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute