DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blinking drone signal strength icon?

dwallersv

Reactions
At the top of the GO 4 display there is a signal strength icon with "bars" showing how strong the connection is between the RC and the aircraft. Did a flight this morning where the think was blinking. Never seen (noticed?) that before.

It was doing this from the moment I connected. Had a strong signal (all bars lit), just the whole thing was blinking on and off. After carefully checking everything, I went ahead and did an uneventful 15 minute flight out to 3000' distant or so. This was in an urban area, shooting a golf course. It blinked the entire time.

So, what was this? What does it mean?

Thanks @msinger! It did a quick search with Acrobat in the PDF of the manual, and somehow missed that.

I wonder if it was complaining about things-compass because I took off within 2 feet of my car -- it was a very small (3' square thereabouts) space to take off and land. Never would have attempted it if it wasn't absolutely calm. Totally confident under those conditions though, in terms of a nice controlled takeoff and landing.

Gawd these things are so amazing compared to the RC helicopters I used to fly ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore