DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blotchy/Glare/Flickering Video

smiller74

Reactions
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. So I've read that the mavic does have some flickering issues. Mine seems to be fine except for this one video I took. I'm just curious why the video looks so weird because I don't think it is the normal flickering problem other people are experiencing. And it only lasted like 10 seconds. Is it the propellers? the sun glare? It is in the bottom right hand quadrant. Here it is:

Video

Any ideas?

I love this thing by the way.

Two effects I see.

One, the sun is just off screen to your right so the shadow of the propeller is falling on your lens. This generally causes thin dark bands on that half of the screen.

Two, the affected area has a ton of gray-brown twiggy detail with the bare trees, and it seems to flicker to a much lighter shade now and then. I am guessing that the video compression is having a hard time dealing with the combination of the propeller shadow effect above, mixed with the borderline shades in the trees. It's similar to moire but there's no regular pattern involved. I haven't seen this effect so strong before. I think if you avoid situations with the above problem, the chances of this problem are likely much reduced.

Two effects I see.

One, the sun is just off screen to your right so the shadow of the propeller is falling on your lens. This generally causes thin dark bands on that half of the screen.

Two, the affected area has a ton of gray-brown twiggy detail with the bare trees, and it seems to flicker to a much lighter shade now and then. I am guessing that the video compression is having a hard time dealing with the combination of the propeller shadow effect above, mixed with the borderline shades in the trees. It's similar to moire but there's no regular pattern involved. I haven't seen this effect so strong before. I think if you avoid situations with the above problem, the chances of this problem are likely much reduced.

Thanks for the reply. Just seemed strange that it only lasted for like 10 seconds and I had done a few other videos with the same flight pattern around the same time of day with no problems at all. Maybe the sun was at the exact position to cause the glare along with the trees. Oh well. I'll keep at it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots