DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue tint on raw photos?

dardog

Reactions
Anyone else experience this problem or know what to do to fix it? I get a blue tint goes all the way across the bottom of my raw photos but not on Jpeg photos. I am going to run a few tests today and see if i can narrow it down.

DJI_0013 copy.jpeg ECU stadium copy.jpeg Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 6.37.01 PM.png DJI_0018 copy.jpeg ECU stadium.jpeg

I have the same problem.
It appears to only affect photos taken in portrait mode for me.

These are part of a series of auto bracketed shots to then make a panorama.

It may be my imagination, but, the problem seems to have appeared after the last firmware update. I tried to replicate the effect at home just now and i couldn't see it. I may try downgrading the firmware and see if it persists.

DJI_0136-2.jpg

DJI_0166.jpg

DJI_0179.jpg

However about 10min later I took this one (not in portrait mode) and it seems fine.

DJI_0225.jpg

Same issue here. Blue or cooler white balance across the bottom of RAW images only in portrait mode. I'm running the latest firmware.
Screenshot 2017-06-13 19.11.04.png

I downgraded the firmware in the aircraft and the remote to the previous version (v01.03.700) using the DJI Assistant 2. Can be downloaded from the Mavic downloads section on DJIs site.

If you have spare batteries you need to power up the Mavic with these while connected to the DJI Assistant app to make sure the battery firmware is in sync to the aircraft. Went out this morning, and despite a bit of rain managed to get some shots. I took x60 shots in total. All x5 auto exposure bracketed.

All portrait. Not a single one has this blue tint across the bottom.

DJI_0012.jpg

DJI_0025-2.jpg

DJI_0058-2.jpg

DJI_0068.jpg

One of the panoramas quickly put together:
DJI_0053-2-HDR-Pano.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tbrittaine, I will look at doing the same. I'm surprised more people haven't been reporting the same issue.

Reactions: tbrittaine
Thanks, the light wasn't great, but it turned out okay. Even better without that bizarre blue tint across the bottom.

I am surprised too that more people aren't talking about this. I'm gonna try and find a way to report it to dji.

I like your railway. It looks like Australia too.

Reactions: Glenno
Hi there
I have exactly the same issue here (see attached image). I always shoot RAW only. Everything was working fine. After the last firmware upgrade, I get this strange cool band at the bottom of RAW-images shot in portrait mode. Portrait mode is essential for nice panoramas, so it's quite annoying.

I remember a message before the upgrade saying flight height and distance will be restricted if I don't upgrade my firmware. I assume if I downgrade, then I will hit those restrictions. Did you have any issues?

pi_20170614_210714_11149.jpg

I remember that message. I think DJI want you to be logged into the your account in the dji app so they can update the no fly zones .... I think.

I haven't had any distance or height restrictions yet after downgrading. The above panorama was taken at about 70-80m. I think the restriction was about 40m. When I start the dji app I get a box saying the no fly zones need to be updated. I just hit ignore.
I contacted dji support to let them know about the blue Timothy issue.

Interestingly I noticed that opening the raw file in Apple photos got rid of the blue tint at the bottom. I am using Lightroom/Photoshop. I wonder if this is an incompatibility with Adobe Camera raw. Has anyone tried any other raw decoders?

Thanks for the information. I will try to downgrade as soon as I get the time to.
Is there any way to support your issue at DJI support in order to speed things up a little bit? :)

I'm using Lightroom/Photoshop, too. OSX 'preview' displays the DNGs correctly, too. However, I suspect it's only the embedded JPEG-Preview which is shown. I don't know a way to check that.

Ive got the exact same Blue Band issue here too with Raw files taken in Portrait mode.
The blue band is visible on my iMac in both Lightroom and Photoshop, but NOT in a program called "Noiseless Pro" by Macphun.

Ive pushed the DNG file to my iPhone and opened it in Lightroom Mobile and first of all it was OK, then when I came to edit it the blue band appeared.

I can only assume its an issue with Adobe then.

The only listed non google bug fix from .8 to .9 was fixing this blue band DNG portrait bug.
Worked for me. No issues on .900

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun