DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought My Friend a Mavic and He is Getting a Black Screen on Device

gixxerbill

Reactions
I bought a good friend a mavic as a way of saying thank you for him taking me and my wife on 130 yacht in the bahamas for a week. (trip of a lifetime). So he had some guy download the ap and use an s6 for the device. He must have downloaded the ap right because he could fly the mav and got video of what he flew over but nothing showed up on the screen. DJi told him to download again but I don't see why that would be it. (i think dji tell you to re download for every problem.

Have any of ya'll ever heard of this problem if yes , how to fix it.

Reactions: Budmancan
Yep, I had green screen, everything else was fine just no preview. Deleted and reinstalled on iPad mini, everything's fine

I bought a good friend a mavic as a way of saying thank you for him taking me and my wife on 130 yacht in the bahamas for a week. (trip of a lifetime). So he had some guy download the ap and use an s6 for the device. He must have downloaded the ap right because he could fly the mav and got video of what he flew over but nothing showed up on the screen. DJi told him to download again but I don't see why that would be it. (i think dji tell you to re download for every problem.

Have any of ya'll ever heard of this problem if yes , how to fix it.

I had this problem when I tried using the supplied lightening cable to my iPhone 5s. Using regular USB lightening cable via the middle USB port worked fine, it was just the side mini port.

Ended up being a faulty mini USB lightening cable. I reported it to DJI and they mailed me a new one. No more problems with black video cutting in and out.

Have him disable video caching - sometimes that causes problems on Android. Hate to say it, but if he has an iPhone or iPad, he should try using that. DJI software often runs flaky on Android.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580