DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BRAND NEW DJI MAVIC ARRIVING! NEED HELP! CHECK LIST?

MrBind

Reactions
after weeks of research i finally decide to pull the trigger on a dji mavic which should be arriving in 2 days. while i usually hate to purchase products as they are first released the mavic just seems too good to wait on. i have been scouring the forums for all the information i can and i have came across many issues that other pilots are having with their brand new mavics. i just want to make sure i have a check list of things ready prior to flying/1st flight of the mavic so i can return it if there is any issues with mine.

so far the list of common issues i have come across are.. please add anything i might be missing. Thanks in advance for the help!

-charge the battery and update the firmware with each battery
-Gimbal jello issues (check to make sure the tabs are secured)
-blurry picture that wont focus on a specific part of the screen (hard ware issue)
-gimbal rubbing?
-sport mode causing the drone to toilet bowl? (is that fixed yet?)
-missing parts
-receiving refurbished mavics as new from 3rd party dealers

please add in anything that i might be missing or i should double check on to make sure i didn't get a manufactured error mavic.

also is the DJI Refresh protection worth it? and has anyone that have recently gotten their mavics in January have any issues with theirs? im trying to figure out if the issue is with the first batch or have they solved that.

I received mine on January 17th. I've not had any of the issues you mentioned. We did purchase the care package as it looked like a great insurance to have. Fingers crossed that I don't crash and have to use it any time soon.

I received mine on January 17th. I've not had any of the issues you mentioned. We did purchase the care package as it looked like a great insurance to have. Fingers crossed that I don't crash and have to use it any time soon.

thats a relief! hopefully i dont get any issues with mine either.

None of those issues either. I like how you are researching and learning. Good job. The battery update you'll do when prompted on your screen. Blurry picture can also be related to tap to focus, but you're probably talking about the off center blur that some people have. Gimbal rubbing? I'm not sure what that is except with the early generation ND filters people tried. Sport Mode and TBE is not an issue. I believe there also has to be interference combined with compass issues when this could happen. It looks like you have all your other bases covered! Calibrate correctly, fly in open areas, and pay attention to controller interference warnings, and you will be safe to fly!

None of those issues either. I like how you are researching and learning. Good job. The battery update you'll do when prompted on your screen. Blurry picture can also be related to tap to focus, but you're probably talking about the off center blur that some people have. Gimbal rubbing? I'm not sure whbuyat that is except with the early generation ND filters people tried. Sport Mode and TBE is not an issue. I believe there also has to be interference combined with compass issues when this could happen. It looks like you have all your other bases covered! Calibrate correctly, fly in open areas, and pay attention to controller interference warnings, and you will be safe to fly!
Hi guys have quick one just read manual says not to calibrate compass unless told to
Do or not do

ugh mavic came with nicks on the camera pivoting arm and scratches on the gimbal cover and on top of that there was box damage on arrival. just sent it out my entire fly more bundle to DJI today for a replacement. smh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143