DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new mavic owner... already crashed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo the title says it all. I was testing out how low-light and long exposures work for the mavic, and on the very last few steps on my front walk, it caught the branch of a tree, and whacked into the tree. There's a nice chip in the plastic now, and I definitely ruined a propeller. I've ordered a skin to help cover the blemish up, but I was curious if you guys had any suggestions to make the surface appear smooth again?

Happy to be a new owner, and thanks for your input!
50bd4725554561be1941df7ca6032bfc.jpg
4397bc7f420012a3cf306ce0370c8537.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just put some wrap on it and it will look like new. [emoji6]

Not a bad option really..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put a band-aid on it and kiss it better. Seriously don't put anything in the hole, it will just cause issues returning it for warranty. Wrap should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I seen a tear down video that piece can come off. the only thing is trying to find that piece, I'm sorry man always fly above trees, if not tripod mode and go slow.

All good dude. Mistakes were made and lessons came away from it. On a side note, got my personal article policy set up with State Farm ($60 per YEAR for this thing!!!! Killer deal.) so I'm feeling comfortable knowing the damage won't be permanent. I'm hoping to take it out again tomorrow or Wednesday, just depending on weather and my workload.

Definitely use something to plug the hole (like a fix it compound clay). There may be a clay similar in color as the Mavic. The skin option is a great idea too.

I would put some type of aircraft/Bomber themed skin on it . Take a few more chunks out of it ,make some bullet holes with a pointed soldering iron and call it battle damage .

I would put some type of aircraft/Bomber themed skin on it . Take a few more chunks out of it ,make some bullet holes with a pointed soldering iron and call it battle damage .

Yep I agree... I wonder why they don't do a camouflage version of the wrap!

*** EDIT - Oh I have just seen they do! Different company than what I saw earlier!

Just buy lots of extra props. They are cheap and optimize performance. I replace props that have the slightest anomaly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: stuffonastick
Is that plastaid? That stuff is amazing

Reactions: stuffonastick
Fantastic.. it smells horrible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads