DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BRAND NEW Mavic Pro, Controller NOT Charging

Cyclops_nz

Reactions
Kia ora,

I picked up my brand new mavic today and sadly the controller will not charge, its been charging for 10 hours and the battery is losing charge...

If anyone has any ideas about what is going wrong, or has had the same problem. let me know.

Cheers

Stu

Did you try to charge from another source (iPhone charger or computer USB port?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Kia ora,

I picked up my brand new mavic today and sadly the controller will not charge, its been charging for 10 hours and the battery is losing charge...

If anyone has any ideas about what is going wrong, or has had the same problem. let me know.

Cheers

Stu

I have seen this in the past few weeks it looks like you have a usb cable that does not fit into the power block correctly.

Have you tried to charge the controller via a mobile phone or tablet charger or another USb power source ?

When the RC is being charged the word "Charging" should remain on screen while the RC is charging.

its been "on charge" now all night and its only decreased BAT PCT's

Last edited:
Did you update the mavic and the controller firmware ?? Im not sure it will help but it cant help i suppose .....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
Did you update the mavic and the controller firmware ?? Im not sure it will help but it cant help i suppose .....

Not sufficient charge in the controller to update firmware.

I have spoken to the company I got it from, and they are going to replace it with a new unit. I think I have just been very very unlucky..

Sounds like it ... but at least you are getting it replaced

The cable from the wall to the brick slips loose from the brick quite easily. Mine will barely hang on and i have to jimmy-rig it to keep charging. Irritating. Push that cord in tight - that'll probaby work. Im finding a different charging solution.

The cable from the wall to the brick slips loose from the brick quite easily. Mine will barely hang on and i have to jimmy-rig it to keep charging. Irritating. Push that cord in tight - that'll probaby work. Im finding a different charging solution.
My cable to the brick needs a really hard push to get it in all the way. Mine was constantly coming loose till I figured that out. Now that's it's firmly in, not sure I could get it out.

Check the cable..change the cable

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Had to send my controller back for replacement, the female socket on mine failed. Seemed like pins fell out. No hassle getting a new one, other then the usual wait

Ive noticed the usb port on my controller is loose while trying to charge. I have to make sure that nothing touches the controller or cable whilst charging otherwise it stops charging. Anyone else have this issue??

I am pretty sure one or more pins came out of male connection. Yours sound like they're about to. DJI covered my replacement

I am pretty sure one or more pins came out of male connection. Yours sound like they're about to. DJI covered my replacement

It still charges like normal thus far....How long did it take for a replacement to arrive?? Was it a brand new controller or a refurb??

After charging my remote only 4 times in the last year the cable connection broke at the charging port. The shape of the female connector doesn’t match the shape of the cable and I cannot determine which way to insert until several tries which weakens and distorts the pin contacts. I sent it in for repair and got a shocking bill of $261 to fix their poor design issue. Anyone else have the same problem?

If you look at the port and the cable its quite clear that it only goes in one way, from memory the flat side goes to the bottom. It can actually be forced on the wrong way and has been know to cause the controller port to break in time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut