DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breaking now! Return sticks to midpoints first.

Chewy4000

Reactions
Whats this about?

Breaking now! Return sticks to midpoints first. pops on while in simulation mode.

Ive recalibrated ive downgraded and upgraded , ive even beenover an HR on Chat with DJI.
Only used it with RC SIM , cause weather not so good yet.
Any Ideas?
Chewy
Mavic not so Pro

Whats this about?

Breaking now! Return sticks to midpoints first. pops on while in simulation mode.

Ive recalibrated ive downgraded and upgraded , ive even beenover an HR on Chat with DJI.
Only used it with RC SIM , cause weather not so good yet.
Any Ideas?
Chewy
Mavic not so Pro

Stop flying the sim? [emoji23]

True but Snow doesn't help and if pre flight test isn't good, usually flight will be less gooder.

interesting, i don't know how to even access the sim? can i mount guns on it or fly into people on purpose? :p

I havent tried the flight simulator. When I power up the drone I have been worried it will lift off! How exactly does it work?

This happens in actual flight too. It happenedbyo me yesterday several times, but only when I was flying towards the sun, which was setting and low on the horizon. It seems to me it may be the drone may think its about to hit something and is doing an emergency stop?

What if your have 2 left thumbs and 1 eye, and have never flown or driven or floated anything.
Maybe you wanna make sure you are working indoors, till the snow stops coming down.

Just a thought

Reactions: Bunny Too
This happens in actual flight too. It happenedbyo me yesterday several times, but only when I was flying towards the sun, which was setting and low on the horizon. It seems to me it may be the drone may think its about to hit something and is doing an emergency stop?

I had this happen a few times today. I was high above the trees in a strong wind. It was in the morning but not rising sun...

This happens to me often. It also has an interference issue. But seems to fly OK. Now I can't fly at all because of some darn init map error after the update but that's another thread.o_O

UPDATE found the issue with missing init map 0n Android note 4... had developer agent active. if anyone has issue hit me up and I can aid in a walk through.

Last edited:
I had this error pop up a few times when I was flying in the evening when the sun was setting and found someone else on the DJI forums with the same issue, it seemed to be down to the front avoidance sensors thinking there might be something ahead and putting the brakes on thus triggering the message to let go of the sticks. There's probably other scenarios where the Mavic is slowing itself down while the sticks are being pushed which would also trigger the message.

John

Try it again moving the mavic so that there is nothing too close to the front sensors. Same thing happened to me.

Any chance the drone is facing the low sun? Common problem most of us have. I get it in early morning low sun.

This has happened to me & I got the reason from msinger, it only happens when I fly at dusk, or dawn, so I;m sure it has to do with low light conditions confusing the sensors. I see no adverse effects other than the message- "Braking, return sticks to neutral position", which flashes on/off so fast I had to push sticks full forward & let off 4-6 x to even read the message.

Thank you for your answer. I read that it could happen in RTH mode when you have the sun in front of the drone. When this happends the drone stops and goes up and battery exhausted and drops! That's why I am worry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851