DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brightness of the screen

Reactions
I have been told that DJI is launching an ultra-bright screen to overcome the problem of poor visibility of normal smartphones or tablets in sunny situations. Is this true or it is just ********?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The standard version of the 5.5" and 7.85" CrystalSky are 1000 cd/m2 brightness....which is 2x that of an iPad mini 4. The UltraBright version of the CrystalSky has 2000 cd/m2 brightness....over 4x the brightness of an iPad mini 4.

Reactions: DJILeaks
Since your forum name is "DJILeaks" I was hoping you could leak some info on when the CrystalSky and the FPV goggles are going to be released ;)
Trust me...When I know, you'll know! DJI received FCC clearance for both sizes of CrystalSky in the last two weeks which clears them for sale in USA.
I wouldn't be surprised if they launch at the same time as DJI Goggles, which could be very soon.

Reactions: Heavysledz
Awesome...this is what I am wanting to hear! I am just afraid the cost is going to be painful.....

My guess an announcement on when they will be released will be made at NAB in Vegas later this month!

One thing i've noticed about DJI is how swiftly they can move and also introduce new products. And they've been learning (a lot) from their connection to Apple.
Flyaways, crashes, and bugginess of all nature is a big drain on their resources and negatively affecting profits.
So imagine that you are DJI...do you want to support Apps running in multiple OS on too many devices that have:
- other apps running in background
- low memory
- system glitches caused by other unrelated apps
etc etc
or do you want:
- your own display monitor, running in a pristine environment without interference from other apps and OS?
Don't be surprised if DJI eventually goes CrystalSky only just so they can have more control.
Just my two cents, not a prediction....

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
With iPhone 7's I discovered that if you set the screen brightness to AUTO and let the phone set the brightness it will actually be brighter than setting the brightness to manual and turning it all the way up. Apple did this to prevent higher battery drain.
I used to manually set my brightness and turn it all the way up and had difficulty seeing anything in bright sunlight. Now I set to AUTO and it's definitely much brighter.

I tried Downunder's suggestion of Auto Brightness and was not successful. I had the brightness set to max then went outside and switched to auto. On the Auto position it actually backed off ever so slightly from Max brightness. Am I doing something wrong?

The brightest Crystal Sky monitor will probably cost as much as a Mavic by itself . Inspire owners might spring for it but I'd bet it will be out of the price range of us lowly Mavic owners .

My guess an announcement on when they will be released will be made at NAB in Vegas later this month!

I don't know about DJI making an announcement at NAB.
They are not even listed as an exhibitor there...

Attachments

• 2017 NAB Show Exhibitor Directory | 2017 NAB Show.pdf
    787.7 KB · Views: 4
DJI's big announcement is on April 23rd, i believe at the Wynn hotel, Chairman's Lounge at 4:30pm. They are located in the north side of the Central Hall booth C2807 right beside GoPro.
As for the price of CrystalSky, we know this:
The Phantom 4 Advanced, without CrystalSky is $300 less than the Phantom 4 Advanced + with CrystalSky....so that's why i guess that the 5.5" model is $300.

Attachments

• nab2017.png
    nab2017.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
The relationship with Apple isn't the most important aspect of DJI's business plan. Today DJI support advised that iPhone 7 and 7+ with the Intel chipset are being removed from list of supported devices for Follow Me function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag