DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bubble Break & Fly More Case

Draezn

Reactions
Anyone else have this problem? My Mavic has been flying beautifully without a scratch on her. I heard some people saying the only way they could fit the mavic was bubble down in the case. I can fit it both ways without issues, not sure if they revised the case. However, it was a little smoother with the bubble down so this is how I was transporting it. Went to fly it today after a simple car transport, and noticed that the plastic bubble was cracked. Didn't drop it, just putting it down pretty lightly albeit on a harder surface. Now the bubble won't latch on properly, gimble lock is fine.

So:

1) Do I just order a replacement bubble? DJI direct? Any good aftermarket alternatives?
2) I think it would make more sense to have the bubble up to avoid this in the future?

Curious to see if this happened to anyone else.

I am very surprised it would break setting it down gently with it being in the bag. I am wondering if it had some slight crack before that and it just finally broke. You can get replacements on the DJI store, I bought an extra one to tinker with as far as cutting a slot out to use all the time but then I just decided to 3D print my own. If you really need one I could design one that could be printed on a 3D printer and you could order it through Thingiverse from someone that is local to you. If you want to go down that route let me know but I think they are only like $13 from the DJI store for a brand new original. The one I currently have designed for 3D printing has the notch, you can check it out below.

Mavic Pro Glare Shield by Motley74

You may also want to consider ditching the DJI bag and get a hard-case if you don't need the portability facter of the bag, still portable but just not good for hikes and such. I bought a hard-case with pluck foam from Sam's Club for $20 and it works great for when I am not traveling.

I transport mine with the bubble down always, never had an issue. I would think either a. You set it down hard or b. As stated above there was a failure within the plastic for a while.

Bubble down been half way across the world now. No issues. Must of knocked it somehow? Easily fixed and your still in the air!!

Fly safe... :)

Last edited:
Bubble up, feet in, as I always had this in the back of my mind. Never had a problem.

Anyone else have this problem? My Mavic has been flying beautifully without a scratch on her. I heard some people saying the only way they could fit the mavic was bubble down in the case. I can fit it both ways without issues, not sure if they revised the case. However, it was a little smoother with the bubble down so this is how I was transporting it. Went to fly it today after a simple car transport, and noticed that the plastic bubble was cracked. Didn't drop it, just putting it down pretty lightly albeit on a harder surface. Now the bubble won't latch on properly, gimble lock is fine.

So:

1) Do I just order a replacement bubble? DJI direct? Any good aftermarket alternatives?
2) I think it would make more sense to have the bubble up to avoid this in the future?

Curious to see if this happened to anyone else.

Mine broke in the same way, head down. I think I put the bag down quite heavily. The dome is at the bottom of the bag and would be the first thing to break in my mind. I tried placing the mavic head up, but the drone does not come as easily out of the bag this way. So i am back to placing it head down again and being a little more careful!

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the offer on the 3D print Motley. I've located a couple sitting around at my local reseller at home so I'll just pick them up as they're cheap enough. Problem with DJI is they don't seem to ship to Canada for this part ...

I'll just be more careful as said and have a spare part ready.

Reseller is in lower mainland as I live in Vancouver, bought my Mavic/fly more combo at Candrone out of Burnaby.

I keep a microfiber cloth in the bottom of the bag as a pad. Also use it to clean up grass residue, dust, etc, from landing.

Mine cracked by simply picking it up off the ground yesterday after placing it there before I flew. Ordered a much sturdier looking one on Amazon.

The clip on my gimbal cover broke from being face down. I ordered a new one off Amazon.

Same. I ordered 3 more and my 2nd one just broke as I thought I would try bubble down and be careful. Same thing happened clip broke off. So I am always storing bubble up now and the bag has loosened so it is easy to store and remove. So far no problems bubble up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird