DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bucket List Trip... New Zealanders Chime in

SkyAir

Reactions
About to pull the Christmas trigger this week- Fiji Airways has a decent price departing Los Angeles

Auckland and Sydney Airfare Sale!

Fly Roundtrip to New Zealand or Australia with a 2-night Stopover in Fiji

Los Angeles - Auckland :
Los Angeles - Christchurch :

First 2 weeks of Aug, Yes, it's Winter-- That equals Heli-Skiing in August... In New Zealand :)

Would absolutely listen to any worldly Forum advice about how to treat a wife and two daughters to a "hard to beat" experience... We like to stray off the main road and find that jem in the middle of nowhere!
Since this is a Mavic Forum, first and foremost, can I bring my Mavic? Aucland or Christchurch? Potential "must do's?" Will it be possible to view and film the Aurora Australis that time of year? I have plenty to soak up.

Their jaw should hit the floor X-mas morning

NZ is def on my bucket list, along with Iceland.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

I'll be going down to New Zealand for a month in Jan. We do the cargo runs between Christchurch and Mcmurdo Station. We will also be flying down to Antarctica and would love to take some aerial shots down on the ice with the C17.

I live in LA and visited NZ a couple years ago. Loved it. It's one of the few beautiful places that feels natural, beautiful and not over-crowded!
This is the perfect time to visit either north or South Island as it's shifting to their summer. Still plenty of snow in mountains for the views and greenery for miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi SkyAir, I live in Dunedin which is in the lower South Island. I would suggest going over to Mount Cook if you are heading to Christchurch and also Lake Tekapo . I'm heading there for a week next month for our annual holiday R&R. You can fly UAV's fine, but not above 400 feet or within a 4km radius of an airport. If you fly over private property you should ask permission from the owner/occupier first. Usual common sense stuff. The Aurora is visible that time of year, you need a dark sky. Actually there is a well known observatory (Mt John Observatory) in Tekapo. Well worth going up there. Photographers travel from afar to shoot there. Here's a link for the observatory which has a cool cafe there too. Earth and Sky astronomy tours - Lake Tekapo. Activites with Tekapo Tourism.

Reactions: pensioner
Trigger Pulled- This family is New Zealand bound:) Last two weeks of August 2017. Woohoo!
--It's about to be Christmas round' here. Thank you for some of the early posts, now it's real and I'll be chatting up a few of you over the next 9 months. We'll have lots of questions- GlenT look out :)

Cheers to everyone on the Planet, Happy Holidays, Drive safe, Fly safe, Be Safe!
Merry Christmas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya