DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bug detected in the latest firmware version v01.03.0000

curso88

Reactions
Gimbal jumps during panning, rotation or turns.

I’ve purchased and updated my Mavic Pro to the latest firmware version v01.03.0000 and I have detected a problem when the aircraft panning or makes quick turns and rotations. The gimbal makes a quick jumps when the pilot does a quick turns to the left and right or rotations. I have returned to the previous firmware version and this problem has disappeared. I have tried to install the latest firmware again, and the problem appears again...
Finally, I installed the previous firmware version v01.02.0900 to solve this problem. Really I'm very worried if my mavic has any kind of defect. Gimbal in correct position without any obstructions by clamp or cover.

Recreation of the problem in my house:
Flight showing tris problem (minutes 0:54 and 2:46) :

If is a firmware bug I hope DJI fix this bug as soon as possible, If it is a manufacturing defect, please tell me what to do

UPDATE: I returned the Mavic and the seller has replaced my Mavic by other new unit. In the new unit the problem is the same. Solved downgrading the firmware from v01.03.0000 to v01.02.9000 Must be a firmware problem

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Noticed that jump yesterday, thought it was my aggressive flying :)

Might give the downgrade ago until the next revision.

Have you fed this onto the DJI mavic forum, they do pick up bug reports, I reported a cosmetic issue with GO app, which was picked up and fixed.

Bug detected in the latest firmware version v01.03.0000 in the Mavic Pro

I've updated my Mavic Pro to the latest firmware version v01.03.0000 and I have detected a problem when the aircraft makes quick turns and rotations. The gimbal makes a quick jumps when the pilot does a quick turns to the left and right or rotations. I have returned to the previous firmware version and this problem has disappeared. I have tried to install the latest firmware again, and the problem appears again...
Finally, I installed the previous firmware version v01.02.0900 to solve this problem.

Recreation of the problem in my house:
Flight showing tris problem (minutes 0:54 and 2:46) :

If is a firmware bug I hope DJI fix this bug as soon as possible, If it is a manufacturing defect, please tell me what to do

Best regards

Good catch. By all means contact dji support , they will ask for your videos to help them analyze the issue

I've seen it too, but I thought it was the high winds in my area, that I am now constantly reminded about.

Hm, I did see a few gimbal jumps last time flying, but just contributed it to the very harsh movements I made at that point.
But yea, now that you say it, didn't see it happen before the update. :)

Not really of any concern to me right now, as it only happened when braking or accelerating heavily, but would be nice to see it fixed anyway.

I got a couple of bumps, and certainly seeing the wind warning wayyy more often even though it is quite still (and I never saw it once when flying in 35-45kmh winds) bit of a mess up in the firmware?

Reported to DJI Beta and DJI forum. DJI announce that next week will come out a new firmware solving this problem

e77a60428fe910cf1b1116c5cf1478f9.jpg

Last edited:
Good catch. By all means contact dji support , they will ask for your videos to help them analyze the issue
I returned the Mavic and the seller has replaced my Mavic by other new unit. The problem is the same. Must be a firmware problem

This problem disappears when you upgrade to the previous firmware version

Hi there.
I've had the exact same problem. Tried upgrading to 1.03 twice and both times it caused the issue with the gimbal jumping.
Downgrading to 1.02.09 fixed it both times.
Very annoying. I was going to return the Mavic but seems like I should wait for the next firmware to fix this.
I did all the necessary IMU, compass, gimbal calibrations and nothing helped.

Otherwise the Mavic is great!

Please keep us updated on anything further DJI say to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: whareable
Did someone notice that DJI messed up with version numbers again, and that there are now 2 different "1.03.0000" 3 days apart?`

Clipboard01.png

Reactions: whareable
I did yes. Both give me the same gimbal issue!
I'll stay with 1.02.09 for now

Did someone notice that DJI messed up with version numbers again, and that there are now 2 different "1.03.0000" 3 days apart?`

View attachment 2585

Not only did that happen but I updated the FW using the DJI GO 4 App, and after starting up the DJI Assistant It said there was a FW upgrade to 1.03 which I had already installed.

Hi there.
I've had the exact same problem. Tried upgrading to 1.03 twice and both times it caused the issue with the gimbal jumping.
Downgrading to 1.02.09 fixed it both times.
Very annoying. I was going to return the Mavic but seems like I should wait for the next firmware to fix this.
I did all the necessary IMU, compass, gimbal calibrations and nothing helped.

Otherwise the Mavic is great!

Please keep us updated on anything further DJI say to you.

UPDATE: I returned the Mavic and the seller has replaced my Mavic by other new unit. In the new unit the problem is the same. Solved downgrading the firmware from v01.03.0000 to v01.02.9000 Must be a firmware problem

Same issue with mine, upgraded to new firmware, this unit just came back from DJI Australia Repair center. At least i didn't crash it this time!!!! But that shake is extremely violent on same turns.

Hi Jason

That's quite bad!
Does downgrading to the previous version of firmware help? It has my myself and others so just curious.
Let us know if you find out anything further.

Assistant. But they've solved it, removed both and there's only one from the 21st with the same version number now.

1221.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada