DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying new Mavic and then what?

CarlosGMaier

Reactions
I am from Mexico and will by a Mavic Pro next week to take home with me. Is there a checklist or something to see if the units camera is working and overall systems ( sharpness, gimbal, etc) without a flight which I don't have time to do...I try to avoid shipping back from Mexico to get service done reading all about the bad issues some folks have. I will have the Refresh option so I can send back from the USS if needed, since I travel a lot.

I am from Mexico and will by a Mavic Pro next week to take home with me. Is there a checklist or something to see if the units camera is working and overall systems ( sharpness, gimbal, etc) without a flight which I don't have time to do...I try to avoid shipping back from Mexico to get service done reading all about the bad issues some folks have. I will have the Refresh option so I can send back from the USS if needed, since I travel a lot.

I would suggest removing the gimble cover and clamp and then start up the controller and mavic pro. let it do its gimble start up calibration and make sure that all passes. then when everything is all booted up you can then tinker around with the video and photo settings and take a variety of shots ranging in distances then upload them to your computer and start pixel peeping to see if your camera is good. The best test would be flying it straight up and taking some horizon shots and then seeing how it looks on the computer.

I read the entire manual about 3 times and saw a lot of YouTube movies about the Mavic before mine was delivered.

Definitely would be best to pop it up in the air for a quick flight. Our technicians can typically pop a unit up in the air and have confirmation of a unit within a minute or two. Pretty quick and easy. Without flying it you may not catch something flight related that you wouldn't see just on the ground.

Safe travels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest