DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA qualified pilots UK?

Rj123

Reactions
Hello all, my friends and i cover most of the UK in a bit of a photography network, covering off weddings, house photography and events. I've recently purchased a Mavic and realised what a great offering aerial photography would be for most events we attend.
I am not CAA certified or qualified in any way so wanted to know how many of you out there are and if free lance work attending weddings for a couple of hours photographing guests in love heart shapes etc, or shooting a house for house sales would appeal?
My thought is we could offer this as a service on top of what we already offer and pay any potential pilots around 50 pounds an hour.
Are there a load of CAA qualified people out there or am i better off just trying to get this certification myself??
Cheers!

So you're not a myth lol :D

Mind if I ask was involved in getting certified @Nigpd ?

Was there a practical exam as such, where you have to perform certain manoeuvres or something?

Excuse the newbie questions from a guy trying to learn as much as he possibly can about this amazing hobby :)

I am the Cheshire Unicorn

To gain Permission for Commercial Operations, I undertook a 5 day course that consisted of

2 days Groundschool where I learned about operating my aircraft safely and within the rules, air law, meteorology, risk assessment, site surveying etc. This culminated in an multiple choice exam

2 days flight skills training and preparation of an Operations Manual which describes how you will operate in accordance with the rules and regs and how you will carry out safe and effective procedures.

1 day practical exam where you are tested against the contents of your Ops Manual in a client-operator situation. This also involves carrying out specific flight manoeuvres both in GPS mode and in Atti mode

Hope that helps

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Blimey... I had no idea it was that in-depth!

Thanks for the detailed response mate :)

and then there's the small matter of the cost. Anywhere between £1000-£1500

So, if you need a local PfCO pilot, just give me a shout and I will see if I can help :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout