DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cache maps

Gp™

Reactions
Hi all,
It seems i'm missing the "offline maps" option on my go4 app...
Any sugestions?
Thanks in advance!
75999f4480076a1e177dabca8f5e42fa.jpg

You'll need to use an Android device if you want to use the Offline Maps feature.

That simple?
Ok so on ios we scroll around the map to load it, is that it?

You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

BTW thats how i've allways done, and never realised it was an option in the main menu for that, 'till today.... Tried and the parameter was missing ahahah...

Your question then should be "How do I cache maps?"

Open the General Settings in DJI Go (by clicking the dots in the upper right corner). Scroll down to "Cache Map in the Background". Flip that on if it isn't already on. While your device (phone/tablet) is connected to wifi, go to the screen/satellite/map view that shows where you are. Scroll around to the area in which you'll be flying. Zoom in to the area and scroll around. Close DJI Go. Your map should now be cached.

Ive tried this several times on my iPad but for some reason when I get out in the field my maps does not display the imagery. Its not a huge deal as even when I use my phone I rarely even look at the map but I'd also like to know what i'm doing wrong. Does the imagery last a certain amount of time or only available if you keep the app running in the foreground?

Reactions: DJIMavicPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent