DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration

Anthonyk

Reactions
So with all the crazy firmware issues that seem to be popping up. I am wondering should I completely calibrate my magic as soon as I receive it? I know they say compass for sure. But I think I should do full calibration remote included. Any thoughts from those who have had theirs for a while.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

As always with this topic, people are going to have opinions at both extremes. You certainly won't hurt anything if you do the calibrations properly.

I carefully watched the DJI video on how to calibrate the compass over and over to make sure that I did it correctly. But when I got my Mavic I completely forgot about doing a compass calibration. Just charged up the batteries and went off on a flight. Everything worked fine. Still have never calibrated the compass.

Reactions: Scapegoat
I carefully watched the DJI video on how to calibrate the compass over and over to make sure that I did it correctly. But when I got my Mavic I completely forgot about doing a compass calibration. Just charged up the batteries and went off on a flight. Everything worked fine. Still have never calibrated the compass.

I'm new to the Mavic as well and I understand you calibrate the compass one time and no more need to calibrate compass again unless a problem arises. The compass always detects your spot of take off and will RTH at that spot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU