DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera bracket

Attex

Reactions
I see so many people with same issue I have with ribbon cable getting ripped or some with the whole gimbal/camera assembly ripped off. Someone needs to make some sort of guard on these things to protect the camera better. Did this happen to the Phantom series as much as these? When I get mine fixed maybe Ill see if I can come up with an easy fix.

The gimbal on the Mavic as well as the Phantom series are designed to have fracture points that will sacrifice a $40 ribbon cable and $20 yaw arm to save the $300 camera and drone body. They might seem flimsy, but they are strong enough to last through normal flight. When you crash and the camera gets separated from the gimbal, the ribbon sometimes holds it on, but then if it gets even the slightest nick in it, its useless and will need to be replaced.

I replaced alot of cams and gimbals last year for people on P3's, and that cam took me all of 15 minutes to remove and replace. Didnt have to take off the body, just pull off the drop clips, and unplug 2 cables and swap out for a new one. The Mav is more of a challenge to take apart the body, unplug the tiny connectors that are glued in, and the put it all back together. PITA.

I havent seen any ribbon cables being sold by DJI or Chinese vendors yet. I have been swapping out broken cams for new ones for customers. At this point thats the only option if you dont have Refesh or other coverage and have a broken gimbal.

Reactions: Attex
Yeah that makes sense. But right now with no replacement ribbons for us new Mavic guys it just sucks!
Thanks btw! Maybe this weekend it looks like I can fix mine. [emoji1]

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett