DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Buffs. ideal Focus distance

Kate

Reactions
Can somone with In depth knowledge of the Mavic pro's camera suggest the ideal
Focal distance, given it's capabilities & limitations.

I'm recording at 3840 x 2160 30fps

thankyou

Hyperfocal would be somewhere around 75-100 meters. Just tap anything at a distance it would be difficult to see the Mavic itself, and you're good.

Hyperfocal! thankyou. i hoped there was some word for it
75-100m sounds about spot on from some of my panoramic footage

My first flight, i pressed record before i was in the sky
i got 1 min excellent grass footage and 15 mins of rendering :|

Hyperfocal would be somewhere around 75-100 meters. Just tap anything at a distance it would be difficult to see the Mavic itself, and you're good.

When taking pictures of a landscape at 300 feet, everything in the camera's field of view is effectively at infinity as far as the focus is concerned, so I'm not even sure what the point is of having an adjustable focus camera on a drone. Seems like a fixed focus camera set for infinity would be perfectly fine for virtually all pictures and videos taken from a drone.

Focussing on anything located at least about 5m away will get you proper infinity focus.

When taking pictures of a landscape at 300 feet, everything in the camera's field of view is effectively at infinity as far as the focus is concerned, so I'm not even sure what the point is of having an adjustable focus camera on a drone. Seems like a fixed focus camera set for infinity would be perfectly fine for virtually all pictures and videos taken from a drone.

unless you want some super macro shots of blades of grass ;P

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ