DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Continues to Rotate Up/Down After I Stop Wheel

getoutandplay

Reactions
Has anyone experienced this before or is there a setting that prevents it? It used to be, and I think is the norm, that when I stop rotating the wheel to rotate the camera the camera would stop immediately. Earlier today, when I stopped the wheel, the camera would keep rotating and slowly stop over the course of a few seconds like a long delay between the camera and the wheel.

I replicated this on the ground after the flight so it doesn't seem to be any kind of connection issue.

Any help or tips for troubleshooting are greatly appreciated.

Try lowering the Gimbal Pitch Buffer. The lower the value, the faster the camera will come to a complete stop when you stop tilting it with the gimbal wheel.

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Pitch-Buffer.png

Just curious, why would someone not want it to stop at the same time as the wheel? Wouldn't that cause an overshoot of the angle? (no mavic yet, no experience here).

The pitch buffer setting changes it, but basically try to be gentle - the wheel isn't an on/off switch.
Like the other controls you usually want to start and stop movements very gently when recording.

Becasue the abrupt stop you get without it is awful, some start/stop smoothing helps with that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute