Camera issue while flying in sport mode.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Charles C, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Charles C

Charles C Member

So I received my Mavic Pro the other day and I have been flying it non stop since. I have noticed though that if I put it in sport mode and pin the stick forward every few seconds the camera will vibrate rapidly and then stop. It only happens when in sport mode travelling at full speed. The camera only moves a fraction of a degree left and right but it creates several seconds of very blurry video. I will post a video as soon as I am home but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows how to resolve it. I really hope I don't have to send it back in.

2. DesertWindAero

DesertWindAero Well-Known Member

Sounds like the gimbal can't entirely dampen camera movement enough during Sport mode, which is characterized by snappier movements all around.

3. F6Rider

F6Rider Well-Known Member

Some others have mentioned that the camera has some stability issues in sport mode at WOT. I am curious if the front mounted camera is having trouble with wind buffeting, where as the P-series cameras are underneath. I haven't experienced this yet and have flown sport @ WOT a lot. Were you flying into a stiff wind at the time?

4. Mako79

Mako79 Well-Known Member

I never use sports mode for filming. I only use it to fight the wind or trying to get to a POI quickly.
    Users should practice sports mode for RTH as this can save your bird if there is high winds.

5. Charles C

Charles C Member

So after flying it more I have found that it will happen in P-mode as well as Sport as long as it is flying forward at full speed. If I tilt the gimble down past 45 degrees it goes away, but any straighter than 45 degrees and the camera image will "buzz" every few seconds. I have been watching Youtube videos of other people flying and havent noticed it in any of them, so I think it is going to have to go back to DJI.

6. maikm

maikm Active Member

What is your gimbal pitch restriction (30 degrees) setting at Gimbal / Extended Settings? (I don't know how the wording is in English) Perhaps it's hitting the limit in that situation. Toggle this setting and try again. Maybe the propellers will show up in the video then, but whatever...

7. Charles C

Charles C Member

I originally thought the same thing so I turned the setting on to allow the gimbal to tilt up and it doesn't help unfortunately.