DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera issue

omerk

Reactions
Just got my mavic and took it for a flight
After looking at my pictures I notice a black spot in all my pictures and videos. Anyone having the same issue? I contacted dji and waiting to hear back.

I restarted my settings and calibrated the gimble but you can still see it. It's not only in the pictures it also while the display is on
778aaf636a2a5ab48eb1df147eecd05b.jpg
1ea0bd7b8d32187b30c7b0849e9049a6.jpg
0d7de4571c32faaa139ed772e3792e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It looks as if you've got contamination on the sensor......I would think it needs to go back to DJI for cleaning, or replacement.

Just got my mavic and took it for a flight
After looking at my pictures I notice a black spot in all my pictures and videos. Anyone having the same issue? I contacted dji and waiting to hear back.

I restarted my settings and calibrated the gimble but you can still see it. It's not only in the pictures it also while the display is on
778aaf636a2a5ab48eb1df147eecd05b.jpg
1ea0bd7b8d32187b30c7b0849e9049a6.jpg
0d7de4571c32faaa139ed772e3792e06.jpg

Can you see the contamination? it might be just a spec of dust.
Removing it is very difficult but i can offer you a solution.
Blow up a balloon. Rub it on your head until you get static build up. Now place it near the camera and it may move the dust.
If that fails, send it back.

Can you see the contamination? it might be just a spec of dust.
Removing it is very difficult but i can offer you a solution.
Blow up a balloon. Rub it on your head until you get static build up. Now place it near the camera and it may move the dust.
If that fails, send it back.
I haven't heard somebody use that technique in years since my early days of photography. Glad to know some people still know the ole simple tricks.
At least for minor dust issues with lenses.:cool:

Any update on this? I had the same issue. Thinking I will take it to a camera repair store and see if they can blow it off in a dust free environment.

Any update on this? I had the same issue. Thinking I will take it to a camera repair store and see if they can blow it off in a dust free environment.

A camera store wont touch it with a 10ft tripod. The camera disassembly is rated at 10 ninjas for difficulties.

Had or have? So two mavics have it in the exact same spot or both have identified a mark as possible hairs?

Thats interesting no doubt. And a hella brilliant suggestion to get it out if indeed thats a hair. I too thought the same at first sight;looks hairy. Did u try it yet? Have u examined with a flashlight and maybe even magnified eye glass like for checking your trichomes with ;) mine has a built in light too it would be perfect.
I just got a lense protector for that lil pita camera and wondering if installing it would effect the image at all

Is it safe to assume two things?
1. Not flying with the dome on.
2. Removed the thin plastic shipping protector from the lens.

I would assume yes, but had to ask.

Reactions: RallySoob

Not quite the right thread for this question but yes you need to take off the plastic protector from the front of the lens as it will cause bad video/pics. As far as the dome, DJI says you can leave it in place if you want but it will cause glare issues (more than without) and it does block some airflow so some are concerned that would reduce the lifetime of the electronics. I somewhat agree with that but also feel that there is still enough airflow to sufficiently cool the electronics. That said I do not fly with the dome on and have actually designed my own 3D printed hood that helps with glare and somewhat protects the camera/gimbal without getting in the way.

Mavic Pro Glare Shield by Motley74

Not quite the right thread for this question but yes you need to take off the plastic protector from the front of the lens as it will cause bad video/pics. As far as the dome, DJI says you can leave it in place if you want but it will cause glare issues (more than without) and it does block some airflow so some are concerned that would reduce the lifetime of the electronics. I somewhat agree with that but also feel that there is still enough airflow to sufficiently cool the electronics. That said I do not fly with the dome on and have actually designed my own 3D printed hood that helps with glare and somewhat protects the camera/gimbal without getting in the way.

Mavic Pro Glare Shield by Motley74

Oh no not that debate again lol. He is just asking because of the chance the hair may be stuck on the lense cover/lense hood and has nothing to do with anyone opinion on rather or not the cover should be ran in the first place. Chill bro lol

Reactions: IADRN43
Oh no not that debate again lol. He is just asking because of the chance the hair may be stuck on the lense cover/lense hood and has nothing to do with anyone opinion on rather or not the cover should be ran in the first place. Chill bro lol
Umm, nobody is starting a debate, I was answering the 2 questions that were asked.

I too wondered if the hair was just on the protective lense (or dome) and maybe the OP forgot to remove it

Understand?

No offense at all i too was just answering the question as i saw it. Sorry i complicated it further ill shutup now

Last edited:
I think u may mis understood the question
Ok, not sure how. They were 2 specific questions asked by someone other than the OP for this thread. I said to remove the plastic cover on the lens which is right, it is there to prevent scratches to the lens. I also said there is various thoughts on the dome and gave my opinion. What do you not agree with?

Reactions: RallySoob
Ok, not sure how. They were 2 specific questions asked by someone other than the OP for this thread. I said to remove the plastic cover on the lens which is right, it is there to prevent scratches to the lens. I also said there is various thoughts on the dome and gave my opinion. What do you not agree with?

Well, technically, the questions were directed at the OP, but thank you for your input.

Well, technically, the questions were directed at the OP, but thank you for your input.
Gotcha, sorry, I thought you were asking if those were valid thoughts in general and why I mentioned it wasn't the right thread for that. Sorry to throw the thread off, carry on.

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks. Finally after 4 hour wait on hold with dji support I was able to send it back to DJI today for exchange. It seems like it's dust on the sensor and can't be repaired. It sucks that after 2 month of waiting I'll have to wait a few more weeks to be able to fly.

Dome was off and plastic was removed. The marking is on the sensor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S