DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera lost image mid-flight

Spy_Corfu

Reactions
After many hours of flying my mavic, i took it with me on my holidays to the black forest area Germany and had a chance to fly it a couple of times.
Amazing how small and portable it is and fast to setup and fly.. very important!!
Temperature was 0 to -1c and pretty high winds in some cases as hi up the mountains.
I had many strong wind warnings and could feel that it was struggling to maintain its position unlike the phantom 4 which has much stronger motors (i own one as well).
I lost camera image a couple of times during my flights mi-flight but controls and everything else was ok. Signal was 100% for both the remote controller and the video signal so i dont know why it happened.. any ideas?
318b637e157dd7b5787d47048cb1b0e1.jpg
baf9bb4aa15890d90b5254391c35b00d.jpg
7458b52db90adf75e5ffbdb9b68f5ad5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Were your antennas properly positioned for the entire flight?

If so, take a look at your flight log and see if it indicates what happened. You can upload it and view it online here.

Were your antennas properly positioned for the entire flight?

If so, take a look at your flight log and see if it indicates what happened. You can upload it and view it online here.

Love the video. Just so I best understand, if signal is lost - RTH will initiate right?

Is it possible for signal to return once RTH is fail safe triggered or does it stop broadcasting at that point?

if signal is lost - RTH will initiate right?
RTH will be auto initiated if the remote controller signal is lost. If you only lose the downlink, you'll still be able to control your Mavic until the remote controller signal is lost. You won't have video in DJI GO when the downlink is lost though.

Is it possible for signal to return once RTH is fail safe triggered or does it stop broadcasting at that point?
Yes. Your Mavic will continue to return to the home point though. You can press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH if the remote controller signal reconnects.

I see three reasons for the image loss.
1. issues with the cable between the controller and your device
2. devices with active cell network often cause interference of the video link. This happens especially if you you are in an area with a weak network (Mummelsee :) )
3. Software issues. What app on what device you are using?

I was using dji go 4 on iphone 7 with latest firmware.
I checked flight log and no signal loss was detected but it did show on the screen something about image loss but i was too busy waring about what i would do after to take a screen shot.
I never lost the ability to control the aircraft though i all i did was to initiate a return to home as i had no optical guidance.
First time it happened as i said so don't know what happened.
Oh and it was raining a little bit! But i was not worried as i read and saw videos that unlike the phantom 4 the mavic is "un-officially" water protected. So a few drops want cause any problems.

When i fly in my country (greece) i don't panic and when programs crash or something strange happens i just restart the app and it usually works but now i was a bit nervous and i did not think to restart the app.

I bet thi has caused the disruption of the video link. I flew up there several times. I had distribution of the video link two times. After switching cell and wifi of all worked fine
exactly what happened to me this morning
I was in a very poor 3g LTE coverage zone with wifi and cell activated and I had video feed issues.in fact I saw the video feed only for less than a minute.
At starting I also had the message of weak wifi signal map won't be able to download.
next time I will cut wifi and cell
(mavic pro dgiGo4 and iPhone 7+)

I have exactly the same problem. When I fly mavic in my country (Spain) there is no problem but now I am in France and there are a lot of trees. It rains every night and when I fly my drone, terrain is very humid.

I think there is a problem with the forest and the Mavic.

When I fly my drone near the beach here in France where there are not trees I have no problems .

When i fly in my country (greece) i don't panic and when programs crash or something strange happens i just restart the app and it usually works but now i was a bit nervous and i did not think to restart the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu