DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera out of function

Geiskild

Reactions
So I have had my Mavic since 27th of april. Flown alot the first weekend and since its just been sitting. During that first weekend I had a minor crash during landing one prop came in contact with a wall and it tumbled to the floor from around 40 cm. No damage visible or any function loss at all. Was flying perfect after recharing batteries.

Now when powering up two weeks later there is no camera function. The screen is total black. Im in control of the gimbal-functions, and any other function of the mavic. But the camera is lost on me. The AF-square is out of control, blinking away like crazy on the black screen. Camera-info such as Auto ISO, Shutter, EV, WB and so on changes between showing real values and N/A constantly. If I switch between camerafunctions (stillpicture/video) anything camerarelated freezes.
Anyone who has experienced the same problem? Or has any pointers to what might be wrong? I have read on the forum that there is a known issue with a loose camera-cabel, could this be it? What to do?
Unit has been stored in the "Fly more combo"-bag.

- There is a strong signal between the RC and unit
- I have tried mulitple devices (iphone, andriod phones and tablets)
- I have tried rolling back firmware
- I have tried rolling all settings back to "default"
- I have tried calibrating both gimbal and IMU several times.

I have contacted DJI and they can only offer to take it in for a repair, since its just past their 14-day replacement warranty.

When you've tried all the different phones/tablets, have you been connecting to the micro USP port on the controller? If you have, it's probably worth checking by using a cable from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to see if the problem remains the same. If it does, it's most likely that the fault lies with the cable on the camera.

When you've tried all the different phones/tablets, have you been connecting to the micro USP port on the controller? If you have, it's probably worth checking by using a cable from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to see if the problem remains the same. If it does, it's most likely that the fault lies with the cable on the camera.

I have tried both- yes :(

So I have had my Mavic since 27th of april. Flown alot the first weekend and since its just been sitting. During that first weekend I had a minor crash during landing one prop came in contact with a wall and it tumbled to the floor from around 40 cm. No damage visible or any function loss at all. Was flying perfect after recharing batteries.

Now when powering up two weeks later there is no camera function. The screen is total black. Im in control of the gimbal-functions, and any other function of the mavic. But the camera is lost on me. The AF-square is out of control, blinking away like crazy on the black screen. Camera-info such as Auto ISO, Shutter, EV, WB and so on changes between showing real values and N/A constantly. If I switch between camerafunctions (stillpicture/video) anything camerarelated freezes.
Anyone who has experienced the same problem? Or has any pointers to what might be wrong? I have read on the forum that there is a known issue with a loose camera-cabel, could this be it? What to do?
Unit has been stored in the "Fly more combo"-bag.

- There is a strong signal between the RC and unit
- I have tried mulitple devices (iphone, andriod phones and tablets)
- I have tried rolling back firmware
- I have tried rolling all settings back to "default"
- I have tried calibrating both gimbal and IMU several times.

I have contacted DJI and they can only offer to take it in for a repair, since its just past their 14-day replacement warranty.
I've never heard about the 14-day replacement. I had mine for 2 days and never worked so they had me send it back. it took them for weeks so-called repair and then they ended up replacing it. Customer service sucks. But the new one flies great. I was pretty upset that they took that long to take care of a warranty problem bings I only had it for 2 days.

I've never heard about the 14-day replacement. I had mine for 2 days and never worked so they had me send it back. it took them for weeks so-called repair and then they ended up replacing it. Customer service sucks. But the new one flies great. I was pretty upset that they took that long to take care of a warranty problem bings I only had it for 2 days.

The 14-day replacement warranty was something the customerrep on DJI chat told me about after I gave them info on when I got my Mavic. Dont know if its a real thing or not. After all im pretty dissapointed with DJI - seems like a very non-professional company with no care for returning customers - and I would not be surprised if they misinformed me. If this is the way they treat all of us this feeling only gets confirmed. When paying 1400 EUR for a product I sure expect it to be functional- anf if not we should be taken care of by the DJI..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka