DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera position

dugg8

Reactions
Hello all

I just received my Mavic last week and have been going through all the options. The issue that I keep running into involves the gimbal speed. Basically I have 2 questions.

1) Does the camera only have two positions? Forward and down facing?

2) I've adjusted the gimbal speed settings and the camera is still moving very fast when it alternates to the downward position. Any suggestion on fixes?

Any input would be appreciated.

The camera has a full range of position from straight down to straight ahead in default settings...should be a smooth transition between those points, and you can stop at any point. There is a setting in the app to allow the camera to point up 30 degrees above horizontal as well.
In gimbal settings in the app, you should be able to slow down the rate at which it pans up/down.

Reactions: Oakley2414
Rocky,

I've went through these settings and the movement is still fast. Also, there is no angle in between forward and down....not sure.

Maybe I need to reset.

How are you trying to control the movement...are you using the wheel as Kirah mentions above?

Edit.. you posted as I was typing!

Just behind your "take video" button (left shoulder on controller) there should be a wheel.

Not a scroll wheel, mind-
Turn it just slightly from where it is, try both ways, and your camera should pan up or down without necessarily going right to being all the way forward or all the way down.

How are you trying to control the movement...are you using the wheel as Kirah mentions above?
I have not used that wheel yet, only the small black knob on the front of the controller. I will test tonite.

Thanks for the help.

I have not used that wheel yet, only the small black knob on the front of the controller. I will test tonite.

Thanks for the help.

The wheel's your answer, then. Happy flying!

You can assign the knobbly thing to 4 different functions in the app, if you like. Personally, I have mine as "Zoom in, zoom out," (on up/down presses) "toggle auto-exposure lock on/off" (right), and "toggle portrait/landscape" (left).

Press that button in the middle for the lazy person's access to intelligent flight modes.

You can also set the speed that the gimbal reacts to the wheel and the endpoint stop speeds in your gimbal settings.

Sure enough that little wheel on the back left of the controller is what did it.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S