DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera problem?

Montreal_Mavic

Reactions
Hi guys, i've watched a couple of videos now and my Mavic's camera seems to have some problems. It looks really mushy and un-sharp even when i tap to focus. Haven't check, maybe i have some grease on the lens or something.

Here is a test i did, it was shot at iso 100 in 4k and downscaled to 1080p

If you look closely, the rocks are in focus but the 2 sides of the screen are really mushy and no details at all :S

Could it be something to do with where you tapped? I remember seeing somewhere that if you tap an object more than 25m (i think) it will do infinity focus instead of focus. Under that distance away from the magic it will focus on the object. I may be wrong.

It doesn't look like focus problems.
In my opinion it has everything to do with a very bad videoprocessing, the low bitrate and used codec.

In my case it is also in still photo's, so that rules out processing, codec and bitrate ...

In my case it is also in still photo's, so that rules out processing, codec and bitrate ...

In that case I need to see the stills. Do you shoot in DNG?

Camera/lenssoftness looks completely different. In your video I see very bad processing errors. It is not soft, it is unusable

In that case I need to see the stills. Do you shoot in DNG?

Camera/lenssoftness looks completely different. In your video I see very bad processing errors. It is not soft, it is unusable

BTW I am not the topic starter.

Attachments

• DJI_0016comment.jpg
    DJI_0016comment.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 110
Reactions: daithi23
Hi guys, i've watched a couple of videos now and my Mavic's camera seems to have some problems. It looks really mushy and un-sharp even when i tap to focus. Haven't check, maybe i have some grease on the lens or something.

Here is a test i did, it was shot at iso 100 in 4k and downscaled to 1080p

If you look closely, the rocks are in focus but the 2 sides of the screen are really mushy and no details at all :S

It looks like the same thing "Nomadic In The Philippines" on YouTube was having with his drone. He's got a video on explaining why he's returning his drone. "WHY IM RETURNING THE DJI MAVIC PRO DRONE!?!? LENS FOCUSING PROBLEM ON RIGHT SIDE"

Can't see anything wrong in that video. I think peoples expectations are higher than the little sensor could possibly deliver.

I believe the mushyness is a codec or settings issue on the software. I too have noticed the same. Not really had time to play around and did a very brief flight, but I used CineD and style soft and the footage was very mushy.... examples below... 100% crop of a DNG Raw and Footage... when i did it indoors out of my office window, I just used standard settings and it looked exactly the same as a Phantom just with a tighter field of view. Hopefully I can get out again tomorrow and try different settings whilst in flight.

These are 100% crops

DJI_0026.jpg DSC03720.00_01_09_15.Still001crop.jpg

I believe the mushyness is a codec or settings issue on the software. I too have noticed the same. Not really had time to play around and did a very brief flight, but I used CineD and style soft and the footage was very mushy.... examples below... 100% crop of a DNG Raw and Footage... when i did it indoors out of my office window, I just used standard settings and it looked exactly the same as a Phantom just with a tighter field of view. Hopefully I can get out again tomorrow and try different settings whilst in flight.

These are 100% crops

View attachment 1025 View attachment 1026

Any luck? I have the same issue. However my stills look fine. It's just the video.

Any luck? I have the same issue. However my stills look fine. It's just the video.

Sadly not... still have the issue and after trying manual focusing it's not a focusing issue. Definitely a software processing issue.

BTW I am not the topic starter.
thats same problem i had with 1st 2 mavics i exchanged,3rd one i got was perfect,no distortion-tho i did have a totally different problem lol,pink circles centre screen on white things like clouds etc...exchanging for 4th one sometime soon,maybe eventually i get a mavic that works as supposed to....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom