DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera rolls when yawing

Happytodd

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, I did look online for some answers.

When I am Yawing left or right my camera tends to roll down to one side (at worst 25 degrees) I thought it may have been the wind affecting the camera but today there is no wind at all. This is clearly seen when Yawing fast on stock settings, but often happens when I do a slow pan as well (usually around 5 degrees)

It usually levels itself back to normal after 5 seconds or so, is there anything I can do to try resolve this? Is this common? Do I have my expectations set to high?

Thanks for all your support! ☺️

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, I did look online for some answers.

When I am Yawing left or right my camera tends to roll down to one side (at worst 25 degrees) I thought it may have been the wind affecting the camera but today there is no wind at all. This is clearly seen when Yawing fast on stock settings, but often happens when I do a slow pan as well (usually around 5 degrees)

It usually levels itself back to normal after 5 seconds or so, is there anything I can do to try resolve this? Is this common? Do I have my expectations set to high?

Thanks for all your support! ☺️
Isnt that the setting "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" in the Advanced Settings tab for the gimbal settings?

Reactions: Happytodd
Isnt that the setting "Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow" in the Advanced Settings tab for the gimbal settings?
I have this enabled, and have calibrated the gimbal via the controller.

One other thing to mention is that when I'm hovering or even have the drone sitting on the ground, the camera sometimes drifts slowly (usually to the left).

I'll have to take it for another fly and record the footage in couple days time as over the next day or so it's going to be very windy.

The Mavic flys perfectly, I'm just having a few of these issues with the gimbal! :(

I have this enabled, and have calibrated the gimbal via the controller.

One other thing to mention is that when I'm hovering or even have the drone sitting on the ground, the camera sometimes drifts slowly (usually to the left).

I'll have to take it for another fly and record the footage in couple days time as over the next day or so it's going to be very windy.

The Mavic flys perfectly, I'm just having a few of these issues with the gimbal! :(

I think what Kennetf is saying is to turn that setting off. Turn it off and do an indoor flight to test it if it's windy outside?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR