DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera sensor or video settings problem ?

Andrejs

Reactions
Hi,
I will duplicate my question here as well from DJI forum.

I found some problems with my videos.
After today shoots and now editing/color grading I found that all my scenes have yellow spot in center of frame. In some shots you cant see it much and in some you can see it more.
Here some examples. I tweek contrast in S curve extremely so it is possible to see more clearly what I am talking about.
4252-0f7de9aee23b21f667b8ad38d2fec120.jpg

4253-9e31b50e2050899eb2f0cfcb1deb56ee.jpg

4254-fd6efa1d6addbf9d0c774e1c2155ba85.jpg

These shots made in bright conditions (with snow).
ART profile (-1;-3;-3)

Here also 1 non graded shot example (from picture Nr. 2 in example above)
Downloading from DiskStation

Does someone had such problem?
Is it problem with Mavic sensor or video settings.
For example in normal color settings it looks like this:
4255-d26c75fc4f51d6de750232c36a2a3b79.jpg

Attachments

• example 1.PNG
    example 1.PNG
    987 KB · Views: 74
  • example 2.PNG
    example 2.PNG
    918.6 KB · Views: 76
  • example 3.PNG
    example 3.PNG
    535 KB · Views: 76
  • Normal.PNG
    Normal.PNG
    468.2 KB · Views: 77
There are a few other reports of camera issues that are similar. I would contact DJI support and they will have you send it in and replace it. My replacement was back in less than 2 weeks.

Also, those shots appear to be way over-sharpened.

Thanks for answer.
I over sharped it specially to see problem more clearly :)
Does replacement helped? I found thread on DJI forum about the same issue and some guys who send it for replacement got back Mavic with the same issue.

There are a couple of people who have theirs with DJI for this issue currently, will see what that leads to - but to me it seems all of them exhibit that characteristic. You can't see it in most conditions, but with heavy grading or very uniform subjects it's noticeable.

I am wondering does ND filters can help with slower shutter speed?
Will get mines soon so I will test it

Doesn't change a thing about the color rendering.
Personally I get reduced sharpness with them so I tend not to use mine.

Makes no sense to have them for photo, so I never actually took a photo with filter on.

Ok. Thanks. But I agree with you that this problem can be seen only when try to make hard color grading.
But in same time I look back in my old shoots (2 month ago) and I didn't see this problem.

I feel the issue you showed is an actual issue in the sensor and yes, I feel replacing it will help. My first Mavic could not take decent video regardless of the situation, no matter what most of the video was very blurry/soft while the center was perfectly sharp. Support determined that the camera was bad and had me send it in and the new Mavic (they sent a replacement instead of repairing like they said they would do) is shooting video much better. There were a couple of things I was doing wrong at first when taking video but there was also an actual issue with the camera which was making things more difficult for me to figure out.

DJI_0015.jpg Interesting issue. I too have this problem right out of the box new. Took some photos and seem to have a light center, almost a vertical gradient right in the center. Similar to your 2nd and fourth photos. (Please excuse the exposure. I adjusted it to accentuate the issue on screen.).DJI_0015.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143