DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera settings.

Tank62

Reactions
Why doesn't DJI just come up with a point and shoot, profile. Because if you're not a professional photographer, the YouTube bull will just confuse you, cause that is the way it did me.

I'd like a nice zoom lens add on so I can film wildlife without "harassing" them

Why doesn't DJI just come up with a point and shoot, profile. Because if you're not a professional photographer, the YouTube bull will just confuse you, cause that is the way it did me.
They did. It's called auto.

Just set everything to auto and go for it.

Like a previous poster I just want to fly & take some photos, not professionally. So far my Phantom 3 has been much better for both photos & video. I've tried AUTO and some custom settings recommended but I still just get bad looking results, too much glare, white backgrounds, dull colors. The P3 was easy. AUTO did a great job.

Sorry to promote myself here, but I did collect some useful information with this video. The thing to remember is, there is just too many variables to have a real good auto mode. It just takes flight time and practice.

Now that I have my Mavic, the only thing I can compare it to is my Phantom 3 Standard. Oddly, I just grew fonder of my Phantom because it is so easy to use. The photos come out beautifully. I have yet to find a Mavic camera setting that can compare to the rich, clear, colorful results. The Mavic is fun to fly and so uniquely portable & foldable but that's it. Unless I can get better photos and get the controller to stop charging my phone I am going to be disappointed. The AUTO camera setting does not produce photos as good as the P3S does. Please do comment.
UPDATE:
The Mavic is indeed complex but I've been watching so many videos now that I'm beginning to get it. It really is capable for professional photographers so one has to understand all those many options to get the type of photo or video they like. I was finally able to get the rich colors I like to see in the third STYLE option, setting it higher. All I want to do is fly and get good photos. I don't even care to do much video. The photos are easier to share.
Technology is intricate today. There's a lot to it. The Mavic is an amazing device. It truly is a flying camera. I just flew it down our country road a mile to see if it can be used to check our creek crossing, to see if water has subsided from over our bridge in the next heavy rain. It flew there flawlessly in sport mode, fast, 40 mph. I took my photo and flew back. It was great.

Last edited:
Unless your extremely picky the Mavic Pro does well in auto.Methodust Village.JPG

Reactions: SkyShark1971
Like a previous poster I just want to fly & take some photos, not professionally. So far my Phantom 3 has been much better for both photos & video. I've tried AUTO and some custom settings recommended but I still just get bad looking results, too much glare, white backgrounds, dull colors. The P3 was easy. AUTO did a great job.
HERE HERE!!!
I couldn’t agree more. I still have my range modified (2mi) P3S and darn glad I didn’t sell it.
Seems it takes a very experienced photography person using some good photo editing programs and time - to achieve no hassle photos and videos like the P3S of course ignoring resolution. Better resolution is one of the main reasons I purchased the MP.

I have the MP and have never used anything but the auto settings. This is what works for me. Since the lens is such a wide angle, there is a wide variety of light for it to lock on to. I have found that rotating the drone a few degrees to the left or right it changes the exposure and will eventually give me just what I am looking for. An extreme example below with no post editing. Probably took 10 images to get exactly what I wanted. Looking into the sun with extreme light differences.

FogSunrise.jpg

Last edited:
Im still experimenting with my new MP camera settings. Never had to fiddle with camera settings on my P3S to get outstanding photos.

As other posters have said, the autocamera settings handle stills quite well, but video footage is at the mercy of how you fly and move the gimbal.
So hopefully this will help you. And hopefully it's not bull :) :) :)

Reactions: Grimbart55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore