DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera shaking, twitching and freaking out

mschwind200

Reactions
Ok so for a while the Camera on my Mavic has been twitching mid flight, always on an angle, and sometimes during the flight it completely just flips upside down. Now i'm trying to get the Mavic to take off, but i'm getting a "Gimbal Overload" error. It's on flat concrete with the final clamp removed. The camera is shaking immensely, and is looking left, right then straight up. The footage that it takes when it does work isn't good quality even in 4k, and the pictures it takes are absolutely shocking. Is there something I can do to fix this or is this something DJI needs to fix?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

3487b783b05d3f27f3c0c490cc16b98f.jpg
I don't know if you can see It, but the Camera is looking slightly to the left like it always does.

Try gently jiggling the gimbal and move it around, but gently. Initiate a gimbal calibration and see if that fixes the shakiness. As for quality, reduce your shutter speed to 50 and use ND filters. Set your ISO to 100, 200, or 400. That should optimize the quality. Use manual white balance, and use a color profile of D-Log or D-Cinelike. That should optimize your colors.

Reactions: mschwind200
Try gently jiggling the gimbal and move it around, but gently. Initiate a gimbal calibration and see if that fixes the shakiness. As for quality, reduce your shutter speed to 50 and use ND filters. Set your ISO to 100, 200, or 400. That should optimize the quality. Use manual white balance, and use a color profile of D-Log or D-Cinelike. That should optimize your colors.
Thanks, I'll try all that

Gimbal overload message is never a good one. It wont crash your bird but will put unnecessary burden on your gimbal control board circuitry and substantially shorten its life. Has it ever been crashed? Usually that error message comes up if one of the gimbal motors is obstructed.

Best bet is to send it in for a warranty claim, not a refresh claim.

Gimbal overload message is never a good one. It wont crash your bird but will put unnecessary burden on your gimbal control board circuitry and substantially shorten its life. Has it ever been crashed? Usually that error message comes up if one of the gimbal motors is obstructed.

Best bet is to send it in for a warranty claim, not a refresh claim.
One time my brother was kicking a soccer ball and kicked it a bit too high and hit it. But that was almost 2 months ago.

Yikes. Has it been shaking and off kilter since then?

If you have refresh, now's a good time to use it or other insurance coverage. Ive seen many gimbal boards fried by overloaded motors and that could possibly lead to main controller board overload and failure. Ive fixed many and have a graveyard of fried gimbal boards and main boards.

Yikes. Has it been shaking and off kilter since then?

If you have refresh, now's a good time to use it or other insurance coverage. Ive seen many gimbal boards fried by overloaded motors and that could possibly lead to main controller board overload and failure. Ive fixed many and have a graveyard of fried gimbal boards and main boards.
Yeah now that you mention it I guess it has been bad since that happened. I have DJI Care. I have never gotten gimbal motor overload until today. I went for a flight a minute after I posted this topic and had to land because the Camera glitched out. Purple and black lines, shaking and spinning. It has never been this bad at all.

Reactions: Fly4grub
$79 bucks and DJI will send you a new bird in a short period of time maybe 2-3 weeks. Worth it! Im guessing youre in the USA, turnaround times might be different outside the USA.

P.S. Grab your brother by his ankles, turn him upside down, and shake him until $79 falls out. If not, make him do some chores for a month.

Reactions: rfc and Metal69rock
$79 bucks and DJI will send you a new bird in a short period of time maybe 2-3 weeks. Worth it! Im guessing youre in the USA, turnaround times might be different outside the USA.

P.S. Grab your brother by his ankles, turn him upside down, and shake him until $79 falls out. If not, make him do some chores for a month.
I'l in Australia. If I do that, does that mean that I only have 1 full replacement left or is it unlimited just as long as I pay $79 each time?

In the AU region:

For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is AUD $139 , the second time replacement fee is AUD $199.

After that, it expires and is non-renewable. You can always sell the third crash as a wreck and start all over if it happens.

In the AU region:

For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro), the first time replacement fee is AUD $139 , the second time replacement fee is AUD $199.

After that, it expires and is non-renewable. You can always sell the third crash as a wreck and start all over if it happens.
Thanks for that. I'll get in contact with DJI.

... P.S. Grab your brother by his ankles, turn him upside down, and shake him until $79 falls out. If not, make him do some chores for a month.

Since he's down under, does that mean he can skip the 'turning him upside down' part?

Yes
Since he's down under, does that mean he can skip the 'turning him upside down' part?

I guess it depends on who was right-side-up to begin with.

In my world travels Ive always wanted to visit down under. I lived in Asia as a non-resident alien for 10 years and it wouldnt have been too far to go for a short holiday, but just never got the time.

So instead of actually visiting there. I bought a Subaru Outback and dream of what it would be like to drive around Australia in it.

Yes

I guess it depends on who was right-side-up to begin with.

In my world travels Ive always wanted to visit down under. I lived in Asia as a non-resident alien for 10 years and it wouldnt have been too far to go for a short holiday, but just never got the time.

So instead of actually visiting there. I bought a Subaru Outback and dream of what it would be like to drive around Australia in it.
That'd be sick. There are MILES and MILES of dirt tracks in central Australia if that's what you're into. If are you gonna do that, you'd need a few spare batteries and a lot of fuel but i'd say it'd be worth it. That's what I've always wanted to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots