DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera video not focused on replay

Jimw

Reactions
Hello I found recently that the camera video playback was not as sharp and clear as usual I haven't changed any settings since the last videos the only thing on the particular day it was drizzle does this mean the camera cannot focus. all the same some of the footage was on a dry day but still not as sharp as I have earlier footage that is nice and clear and sharp .
Does anyone have any idea what needs reset or recalibrated or anything ?

I don't understand your complaint. Did you tap to focus? If it was raining and if the camera was trying to focus on the rain, I would expect you never locked focus. Setup C1 or C2 to auto focus and always tap it when you've taken off. If you focus to infinity at the beginning it will lock on whatever is center frame unless you tell it otherwise.

I don't know what you mean by tap to focus ive only taken off thinking it was always on automatic focus when in flight .What is tap to focus? sorry I'm new to flying

You should do a search on Focusing the Mavic camera to get a full understanding of what's going on but, when you take off you should tap your device screen to focus on whatever your subject of interest is. The green box in the middle of the screen (or wherever you tap) will bounce and lock focus. If you tap to infinity, your entire scene should remain in focus and or focus will lock on whatever is inside the green square, unless you have your camera set to manual focus.

sorry I never knew that
that answer my question why it did not focus on take off or even landing with people within sight of it on landing they were out of focus .

sorry I never knew that
that answer my question why it did not focus on take off or even landing with people within sight of it on landing they were out of focus .

I can't answer that question with any useful information other than to say, "just because you take off doesn't mean that your camera focuses." In my experience, the camera will only autofocus after you tell it to focus the first time. I have rushed to capture a scene only to remember after it was too late that I never focused. I have one of my custom C buttons set to auto focus and it's a part of my 5 seconds after I leave the ground rituals.

It's a tough concept to grasp especially if you're coming from an Inspire1 or Solo (like I did), or even a Phantom 4 because those cams focus to infinity on their own.

cheers I looked at the last videos compared to the first ones this last lot were not very clear but the earlier ones when I first got the Mavic were really clear and sharp so I must have been lucky with my first couple of flight s

Reactions: DodgeP
cheers I looked at the last videos compared to the first ones this last lot were not very clear but the earlier ones when I first got the Mavic were really clear and sharp so I must have been lucky with my first couple of flight s

Or like you mentioned, it could have been the rain preventing the camera from being able to obtain a focus lock.

that's what I was thinking as it took off when it was dry then started raining which I don't think is a good idea flying in the rain it cannot be good for the drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000