DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera will not focus

Yes I have tried manual and never changes. Stays blurry
Umm, that suggest that it most likely is a hardware issue and not FW issue.
One last thing you can try is to reinstall the Go app. If that does not work, you may well have to send back to DJI for repair, unless someone else has a solution.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!

Reactions: badwzrd
Just want to add that I have the same issue with both of my Mavics. If you tab, it tries to focus, gets it right for half a second, then goes back to blurry. The correct focus doesn't "lock". The issue started appearing after the penultimate update.

It seems to come and go away seemingly arbitrarily. Rebooting sometimes solves the issue, but other times it doesn't. Sometimes, manually focusing with infinity focus works, though.

Just want to add that I have the same issue with both of my Mavics. If you tab, it tries to focus, gets it right for half a second, then goes back to blurry. The correct focus doesn't "lock". The issue started appearing after the penultimate update.

It seems to come and go away seemingly arbitrarily. Rebooting sometimes solves the issue, but other times it doesn't. Sometimes, manually focusing with infinity focus works, though.

Your issue is a little different. Mine will not try to focus at all. I posted a link to a video I took live from the dji go app

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Exactly what mine started doing on friday.

See here:

you can see the forced focus action but no help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DAeLDK1iw3Q2dQTWw0UWtOYXM

I can't try the new firmware as its too windy today. Problem came with a Go app update so it is a software issue. Mine was sharp prior. Not sure firmware will help if it stated with a Go app update.

Last edited:
Exactly what mine started doing on friday.

See here:

you can see the forced focus action but no help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6DAeLDK1iw3Q2dQTWw0UWtOYXM

I can't try the new firmware as its too windy today. Problem came with a Go app update so it is a software issue. Mine was sharp prior. Not sure firmware will help if it stated with a Go app update.

do you think flying with the old go app will fix a focus issue?

So Its in for repair and they are replacing the gimbal control board

Anyone figure this out? Just got the mavic. Will sometimes focus if I reset. Otherwise it doesn't focus when I tap. The quarry appears and it beeps but won't focus. Don't even have one flight in it.

About a week. Mine was a little longer because of holidays

Looking at the video you posted my problem is pretty similar. Its not as bad but its still pretty bad. I was able to get it focus at once point but not really since then.

Where does it get sent to?

View attachment 5614 is this is the gimbal control board ?

is this the gimbal control board ?

10e41463af335d6aee90e186865ea5f5.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom