DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone explain this? gpsHealth drop from 5 to 0 with 18 sats locked

DroneX

Reactions
As you can see below, I started a point of interest and within seconds it exited and went into ATTI mode. There were 18 sats locked and gpsHealth suddenly drops to 1 for no reason? This is a new mavic manufactured April 27 2017. Any ideas how to prevent this?

7Tp5QHT.jpg

1bjbl

As you can see below, I started a point of interest and within seconds it exited and went into ATTI mode. There were 18 sats locked and gpsHealth suddenly drops to 1 for no reason? This is a new mavic manufactured April 27 2017. Any ideas how to prevent this?

7Tp5QHT.jpg

1bjbl
What was the physical location like? Was there a lot of metal near by that could have reflected the signals?

I had that happen to me. Sent back to DJI for replacement.

Were you in sports mode ? Potentially the infamous interference due to non-twisted wires on rear GPS unit?

I had that happen to me. Sent back to DJI for replacement.

Were you in sports mode ? Potentially the infamous interference due to non-twisted wires on rear GPS unit?

No wasn't in sports mode. Will keep an eye on it. Went for a flight yesterday with no issues, will try a point of interest again soon and see if it occurs again. Thankfully purchased from Amazon and still have a couple of weeks if I need to return it.

Might want to look at compass data to see if you can see something abnormal at that time.

I had also issue with gpshealt dropping to 0 regardless of high number of satellites reported. I have theory that is because strong inconsistency between GPS signal and compass/gyro data from the other sensors and internal software to avoid fly away dropping gpshealt variable to switch to ATTI. I don't have enough supporting evidence except that this always happen after FW
Update without IMU and compass calibration. Once system was calibrated no issues.

Reactions: DroneX
Will try recalibrating everything as all I did was the compass after unboxing it. Will let you all know how it goes

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627