DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone help with my first photos

Mavic12

Reactions
I took a few photos for the first time with the Mavic tonight, but all have come out with a strange white 'streak' across the bottom left corner of the photo.

Normally, I'd just go out and take some more photos but it is dark now and I won't have access to the drone again for a few days. I can't wait to find out if it is just something I am doing wrong or if I have a camera problem! I am hoping not.

I did leave the 'bubble' camera protector on as I had planned to just practice flying rather than photos, but I am not sure it can be that as the streak is exactly the same on every photo.

Anyone had similar?

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 69
I'm betting on the 'bubble' camera protector. Even if in every photo.

Reactions: Merlin23
I took a few photos for the first time with the Mavic tonight, but all have come out with a strange white 'streak' across the bottom left corner of the photo.

Normally, I'd just go out and take some more photos but it is dark now and I won't have access to the drone again for a few days. I can't wait to find out if it is just something I am doing wrong or if I have a camera problem! I am hoping not.

I did leave the 'bubble' camera protector on as I had planned to just practice flying rather than photos, but I am not sure it can be that as the streak is exactly the same on every photo.

Anyone had similar?

LOL! You presented a big mystery but then you said the part about leaving on the 'bubble' camera protector.

Take off the 'bubble' camera protector. Problem solved.

Remove the bubble, take some more pics and see what happen.

Definitely the protector. Take it off.

The bubble is great for protecting the camera/gimbal. However, it should be removed if you're planning on taking photos/video that you actually want to use.

Perfect, thanks for the quick responses everyone. That has allayed my fears until I get to fly it again on the weekend.

Well, overlooking the reflection, at least the refractive distortion due to the camera's looking through a curved clear plastic cover isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I have one question when taking pictures or videos, when I'm recording in 4K live feed on my phone looks great, however when I switch to take a picture the live feed on my phone looks like crap and can't really tell if it's a good picture or not... but they when I see the picture I took it looks great, so not sure why it does that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11