DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Gimbal Wires Be Repaired?

Well he isn't the smartest cookie in the jar bur when given the option to self punish he didn't hesitate to snap his own fingers by request . I forgave after that , spoke highly of his regret , try to break ur own finger it's not easy
Not to insult you but all of your posts are unbearable due to the lack of proper punctuation and grammar. If you want people to interact with you on a semi-intelligent basis, proofread your posts and don't ramble on.

As far as the robbery goes, did you not contact LEO/proper authorities?

Reactions: mcDRONIN
I think I speak for everyone when I say... huh?

Periods and caps to start sentences would be helpful.
Thank you for the honest feed back. I will pay closer attention to punctuation and grammatical errors within my posts and replys. In this day of texting brevity I find my self caring less about putting in any effort so it was refeshing to know that people were at least trying to read and understand my writings. Thanks everyone. [emoji85]
Eric
You should take out the old silver cable and look at it under a magnifying glass to see if it is broken. Even 1 broken strand of that cable will prevent video feed from coming through.

Thank you for your time, and the context of your reply. This is the first forum I've ever joined or posted in and your feed back was well received and duly noted
Eric

@Thunderdrones I'm having the same no video signal in my Go app and I had a crash just like @waplm. I bought a new Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board and ribbon and replaced them both. But not getting video feed on the Go app. I didn't replace the PTZ cable because I didn't think it was damaged. But with no video feed I'm thinking it is the issue after reading this post. Can you confirm that would be the prob? I also DM'ed you. Thanks in advance for any help from anyone to get this drone back in the air. Thanks.

I didn't replace the PTZ cable because I didn't think it was damaged. But with no video feed I'm thinking it is the issue after reading this post. Can you confirm that would be the prob?

Thats where I would look next. Pull the cable and look at it under a magnifying glass. Look for any loose strands.

Thats where I would look next. Pull the cable and look at it under a magnifying glass. Look for any loose strands.
After reading some posted I'm pretty sure it have to be that cable. I have no live feed on my phone thru the DJI go app. Just a black screen with the focus square. I have all the other displays like control options and everything. Just a black screen where the video should be from the cameras.

My ribbon flat cable is broken after crashing but not digital cable (i can see images on phone screen).
But after trying replace the ribbon gimbak cable, now gimabk not moving and no image on screen also.
I want to ask, if digital cable broken, it also impact the gimbal moving or not? Or it just impact the image only?
My ribbon flat cable is broken after crashing but not digital cable (i can see images on phone screen).
But after trying replace the ribbon gimbak cable, now gimabk not moving and no image on screen also.
I want to ask, if digital cable broken, it also impact the gimbal moving or not? Or it just impact the image only?

Thank you for your response.

The video work yesterday and after trying to fix the ribbon cable now it not work any more. Any way to detect if it is PCB or motor problem?

Check your connections again. Make sure the silver cable is snapped in to the camera and to the PCB and make sure it is not broken or kinked in any places. Look at it very closely.

Is your gimbal moving at all? Did you see any smoke come from it after you replaced the ribbon cable?

Check your connections again. Make sure the silver cable is snapped in to the camera and to the PCB and make sure it is not broken or kinked in any places. Look at it very closely.

Is your gimbal moving at all? Did you see any smoke come from it after you replaced the ribbon cable?

Gimbal not moving also. There is no smoke at all.

I almost give up of fixing as I am not professional and it is just my 2nd flight :(.
Now may be thinking of buying the whole gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilTone