DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I get rid of camera shake?

V8Darren

Reactions
Hi,

This is my first attempt at creating a video with the Mavic and editing it into something watchable. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. As far as I can tell on my screens, the colours look ok, and I'm happy with the flow based on the footage I have. One thing that I'd love to get rid of however is the camera shake in the last shot when the gimbal pans up. Does anyone know if or how I can get rid of this (I'm using Premiere)? Also, had I been using ND filters (I'm waiting for these to be released) would this be less noticeable?

Thanks for your time

Darren

Do you mean before the Sports Mode clip?
NDs are definitely going to help when it's bright as you get a motion blurring effect.
Fast shutter speeds make things like moving traffic and pans look jittery.
In Premiere you can kind of fake motion blur which works well in some shots.

He has CC2017 here but it's also on my CC2015 though exact location might be different in list of effects

Sorry, I should have given timings. The section I'm referring to is between 1:40 and 1:50. There's another section earlier on, with the swan, when the Mavic is rising up, but it's not so pronounced.

That's what I was thinking, if I had ND filters and the shutter speed set to double the fps, it would smooth out the motion a little.

Thanks for the link, I'll give the motion blur a try :)

I had a look at the video, but that only really applies to objects like sliding text for example. I had a look for other techniques, but it only seemed to make it worse.

Wow that's some crazy shaking near the end. That's not normal at all. It made me feel dizzy watching it back.

You do get the odd little micro-shake with the Mavic gimbal, but mine is never anything like that.

Does it do that every flight?

Full 4K video at 24fps (I set the wrong 4K mode, usually I use 30fps, I thought it had been removed in the update, stupid mistake) - No ND filter - Sunny WB - Auto exposure - D-Cinelike colour mode

Unrelated but, less fades and more cuts in your next edit!

On topic; I tend to only do slow pans with the gimbal to avoid this problem, fast pan ups generally look bad and end up on the cutting room floor anyway.. takes a bit of practice but no need to go out and buy expensive filters

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore