DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I turn the camera off in flight

Carlortega

Reactions
Hi there first post. I am studying power management as a thesis title and have the mavic pro to play with....

Can I remotely turn the camera off completely during flight e.g. in hover or way point mission?

Also does anyone know if the healthydrones (I know they've changed their name) reports can see individual component power usage or is it just overall?

Thanks guys excited to play...error I mean investigate!! Thumbswayup

You cannot turn camera off in any way. Any power info you get from simple logs is overall, I believe the full DAT logs however have each motor's current in addition to the total.

I may have to jury rig an on/off switch....
To turn off camera to save power? I'm thinking the motors use almost all of the power consumed, and then the CPU uses almost all of the rest, while the camera uses a negligible amount. Now if you could convince the CPU to throttle down, I bet that would save power. I mean the fan comes on when the Mavic is idle, a big wtf from me on that.

Would have a negligible impact, if even possible at all given the camera is intringately integrated in the whole system. You might be able to disconnect the sensor but the whole processing section on the mainboard which is what draws most power will still be running.

Thanks for the replies guys and girls. It's precisely what I'm trying to find out. My first plan is to determine most efficient flight speed and then will see what I can accomplish

Yeah +1 on the idea that it's ridiculous the mavic consumes so much power without even flying.

I would assume that having the ability to shut off the camera and the video transmission would save a considerable amount of power during a flight.

I would assume that a transmitter with the necessary power and bandwidth to stream live HD video over several miles would consume a measurable amount of energy. Not as much as the motors or the processors, but still significant I would imagine.

I would love to know how to turn off video transmission during flight too. I plan to maximize the range and only turn on video transmission when it get to its destination.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada