DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Mavic Pro Active Track another Drone?

beatnik

Reactions
Yup. Sure can. We went out and tested some of the intelligent flight modes and my friend has a new Inspire 2 so I had him hover in the field and got above the inspire to allow better contrast. After a few fails with the Mavic oscillating in and out towards the Inspire, I finally got a nice lock on. Even if I orbited it was solid. If the background gets cluttered the lock on brakes. Even if he flew around slowly it remained locked on. We didn't test and crazy movement. Check it out...

Reactions: smatthews and AyeYo
Drones tracking drones! Wow, really makes one think of the eventual possibilities.

Kudos. Darn impressive first tries.

Would be **** cool if a bunch of drones track each other and flew in a line.. That would be awesome to view..

Reactions: temptation
Very cool video.
Cerebus they do have drones that track each other's movements and create formations. Check out the news section for the 1000 drone post and also one about the drones used during the super bowl.

Rob

Reactions: Cerberus
Very cool video.
Cerebus they do have drones that track each other's movements and create formations. Check out the news section for the 1000 drone post and also one about the drones used during the super bowl.

Rob

haha, I'm not saying that drones cannot do this.. It's just that no bunch of people actually got together with their drones and do something like this and catch in on video... (<---- hints hints)

haha, I'm not saying that drones cannot do this.. It's just that no bunch of people actually got together with their drones and do something like this and catch in on video... (<---- hints hints)
That is a darn good idea, I could see audi do it with six Mavic Drones active tracking each other over salt flats (like scarabs) with the new model year line up driving in formation on the ground behind. You could do a simple way point mission for the first Mavic and have each Mavic behind just active track the one in front.
Regards,
-d.

That is a darn good idea, I could see audi do it with six Mavic Drones active tracking each other over salt flats (like scarabs) with the new model year line up driving in formation on the ground behind. You could do a simple way point mission for the first Mavic and have each Mavic behind just active track the one in front.
Regards,
-d.

Now we are talking.. I'm actually quite sad that I'm no where close to you guys... It would be great to talk about here, plan it up and JUST DO IT... :)

my side of the world here, as far as I know, there is a Phantom user and two MP users (my friend being one of them.. ) Not enough drones to make a cool show with this feature..

I think it would be better to have the drones communicate over the telemetry data so you can "add" nearby drones to your app and then say add a behavior like follow same alt 5 feet behind. The other operator would "allow control". Then you could get more and add them. Or add different behaviors like swarm or orbit each other at a preset distance all in software.

I think it would be better to have the drones communicate over the telemetry data so you can "add" nearby drones to your app and then say add a behavior like follow same alt 5 feet behind. The other operator would "allow control". Then you could get more and add them. Or add different behaviors like swarm or orbit each other at a preset distance all in software.

Cool idea... but still gonna need lots of participants and precise planning to carry this off without incident..

It's up to you guys to plan one.. my side of the world... not enough drone players to gather to do something neat like that..

I'm going to try a Litchi waypoint mission using the P3A & Mavic, flying the exact same mission with a difference of say,5-10 meters between birds, & altitude diff. of same.
If rain ever stops, that is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000