DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can we import Missions that we have created?

Chip D

Reactions
I haven't seen anything nor heard anything about importing Missions. Maybe I'm the only one that wants to do this, but I routinely plan my missions in advance, and then when I travel, I just import them using Litchi. Is this still going to be available?
Thanks in advance.

You will have to reach out to that app dev for that info. DJI has nothing to do with 3rd party apps.

I use Litchi, also. It's been reported in other threads that users have reached out to Litchi and they plan on supporting the Mavic. Will not likely be available at launch. I'm guessing we will be able to upload existing missions.

I use Litchi, also. It's been reported in other threads that users have reached out to Litchi and they plan on supporting the Mavic. Will not likely be available at launch. I'm guessing we will be able to upload existing missions.
Great. Thanks.

Mission planning is pretty critical for me and I have heard that Litchi is working towards a solution for the Mavic. The features and the portability the Mavic offers is outstanding.
I am a collaborator on the Mountain Legacy Project. Part of the project involves retaking images that were originally captured by our early surveyors making maps of mountain regions across western Canada, some go back as far as 1861. Part of the criteria we follow is setting up our camera within sub-meter of where the original camera was. We use high resolution cameras on a tripod to retake the images which works well if the camera station is not overgrown. If the station is overgrown, we will sometimes hover shoot the station using a helicopter.
Our intent is to use the Mavic initially to shoot some of the stations which are overgrown. This will reduce our costs and risks associated with low level hovering in a helicopter. It will also improve our accuracy for camera location and the retakes. The downside it that the stills from the Mavic are only 12 megapixels, we normally shoot much higher resolution images. As such I am looking forward to the release of the Inspire 2, to see what it can do for us.
Here is a link to the Mountain Legacy Project. MLP Explore | Station | Ghost River West

Mission planning is pretty critical for me and I have heard that Litchi is working towards a solution for the Mavic. The features and the portability the Mavic offers is outstanding.
I am a collaborator on the Mountain Legacy Project. Part of the project involves retaking images that were originally captured by our early surveyors making maps of mountain regions across western Canada, some go back as far as 1861. Part of the criteria we follow is setting up our camera within sub-meter of where the original camera was. We use high resolution cameras on a tripod to retake the images which works well if the camera station is not overgrown. If the station is overgrown, we will sometimes hover shoot the station using a helicopter.
Our intent is to use the Mavic initially to shoot some of the stations which are overgrown. This will reduce our costs and risks associated with low level hovering in a helicopter. It will also improve our accuracy for camera location and the retakes. The downside it that the stills from the Mavic are only 12 megapixels, we normally shoot much higher resolution images. As such I am looking forward to the release of the Inspire 2, to see what it can do for us.
Here is a link to the Mountain Legacy Project. MLP Explore | Station | Ghost River West

Cool project. That is all. (I think it is outside the intent of the Mavic, but still a very cool project) I have a feeling my afternoon will now be wasted on that site...

Reactions: Rick A
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom