DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can your mobile device cause a crash?

BerndM

Reactions
I mean in a real physical sense. Can a malfunction of ANY sort experienced by your choice of phone/tablet cause the Mavic to literally bite the dust, assuming of course you have eyeball connection to the Mavic.
Thanks

Your Mavic is controlled by the remote controller. As long as your remote controller is connected to your Mavic, you'll be in full control if you're manning the remote controller.

Reactions: sacballa
No fear on mobile device as long as RC ok. Any problem just re-start the mobil device

Well actually the Litchi app and the .500 and .550 firmware weren't compatible and the result was that the drone went out of control despite the RC being connected. This user's drone ended up violently crashing into their driveway. Litchi has since disabled the numerous functions that could elicit such a loss of control for said firmware versions.

The app does send instructions to the RC for example, changing video/camera settings or entering an intelligent flight mode which you can't do without the app on the phone/tablet. So there is a close link and I would be very nervous if I was frequently losing connection with the phone/tablet. I used to use a Pixel XL but when I started getting app crashes, I changed to an Ipad Mini 4 and no further problems.

Thanks. I've personally have never had ANY problems at all using my Galaxy S7 phone but I wanted a bigger screen so I bought a 32GB Ipad Mini 2 which also seems to work perfectly (so far).

Testing my RTH accuracy yesterday I got the message on the middle (2nd) run. RTH was spot on ! but video from mobile device was freezing up on that run, video from Mavic card was perfect.Thinking of backing up my app to earlier version but don't have a clue how to do it. iPhone 6 w 64 gig.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242